Flock Update & Photos of my 5 Pullets! Feel Free to Post Yours!

KerriChick

Songster
Aug 5, 2020
East Bay, CA
Just posting an update and thought y'all would enjoy some chicken photos.

We added 5 to our flock of 3 this spring after losing one to illness over the winter. My 2 1/2 YO are a Cuckoo Marans(Sosgei), Buff Orp(Lemon) and a beloved Buff Brahma(Flossie). Both buffs are currently molting, and the brahma is having a super hard molt! Anywho, of the 5 new ladies(DOB 4/24) only my EE(Kevin) is laying her pretty mint green pullet eggs. I did have a soft shell in the coop overnight last night, so someone else seems to be getting started! I'm kinda tired of 2 eggs or less a day, but I'll take what I can get before the cooler weather. My other 4 are a GL Wyandotte(Cocoa), a Buckeye(Marshmellow), a Light Brahma(Vanilla), and a Speckled Sussex(Sody Pop).

Here are the 5 new ladies. I didn't get any of our old ladies, since they are not looking their best just yet!

Feel free to post your own flock! Would love to see updates on all the new pullets!

IMG_2447.jpeg
IMG_2451.jpeg
IMG_2455.jpeg
IMG_2458.jpeg
IMG_2461.jpeg

We added 5 to our flock of 3 this spring after losing one to illness over the winter. My 2 1/2 YO are a Cuckoo Marans(Sosgei), Buff Orp(Lemon) and a beloved Buff Brahma(Flossie). Both buffs are currently molting, and the brahma is having a super hard molt! Anywho, of the 5 new ladies(DOB 4/24) only my EE(Kevin) is laying her pretty mint green pullet eggs. I did have a soft shell in the coop overnight last night, so someone else seems to be getting started! I'm kinda tired of 2 eggs or less a day, but I'll take what I can get before the cooler weather. My other 4 are a GL Wyandotte(Cocoa), a Buckeye(Marshmellow), a Light Brahma(Vanilla), and a Speckled Sussex(Sody Pop).

Here are the 5 new ladies. I didn't get any of our old ladies, since they are not looking their best just yet!

Feel free to post your own flock! Would love to see updates on all the new pullets!

View attachment 3273573View attachment 3273574View attachment 3273575View attachment 3273576View attachment 3273577
I love your EE!

I love your EE!
She is so awesome. I have wanted a bearded chicken forever, and am so pleased she lays such thick-shelled pretty eggs! She is def top hen of the new batch, waiting to see how it all falls out as they start to lay and the pecking order shakes out. (she is named after Kevin of Minions fame) :cool:

View attachment 3273573View attachment 3273574View attachment 3273575View attachment 3273576View attachment 3273577
Beautiful birds!! ❤️

My Columbian Wyandotte "Coco"
po5.PNG

below my EE "Enid" and friends, "Brownie" who is a cochin, Black EE-"Io", and splash polish "Phylis"

po21.PNG

Below my Buckeye, "Beverly"
po6.PNG

Below my GLW "Glenda" with brown leghorn, "Penny"
po22.PNG

3rdd.PNG

I thought I had a pic of my speckled sussex- This is the best I can do. One of these SS chicks is my pullet "Brandywine". The other 2 got snagged by something that broke into my coop. She is 5 months old now.

My Columbian Wyandotte "Coco"
View attachment 3334958
below my EE "Enid" and friends, "Brownie" who is a cochin, Black EE-"Io", and splash polish "Phylis"

View attachment 3334961
Below my Buckeye, "Beverly"
View attachment 3334963
Below my GLW "Glenda" with brown leghorn, "Penny"
View attachment 3334964
View attachment 3334966
I thought I had a pic of my speckled sussex- This is the best I can do. One of these SS chicks is my pullet "Brandywine". The other 2 got snagged by something that broke into my coop. She is 5 months old now.
Nice! We have some of the same breeds! I love buckeyes so much, they will always be part of my flock. We lost the EE two weeks ago to sudden death-still have no idea, but likely a reproductive issue-she was fine when I put them to bed and gone in the morning when I went to let them out, no signs of trauma, and her crop was empty. Poor girl. I will get a couple more EE in spring, they are such great birds too!

Back
Top Bottom