Floor gaps need to be caulked?

So I l
If you use a nice, thick layer of bedding they won't necessarily be down on the actual floor. However, dust and gunk will collect in the cracks.

But, on the other hand, they're very likely to pick at, pull out, and eat any caulk that they do expose.

Lots of people cover their floors with sheet vinyl or use a product such as Blackjack or porch/floor paint
I look
If you use a nice, thick layer of bedding they won't necessarily be down on the actual floor. However, dust and gunk will collect in the cracks.

But, on the other hand, they're very likely to pick at, pull out, and eat any caulk that they do expose.

Lots of people cover their floors with sheet vinyl or use a product such as Blackjack or porch/floor paint to seal everything.
ed into linoleum, and the Lowe’s guy told me that for a 10x12 piece of linoleum and install, it will be well over $1,000. I could NOT believe that! So I decided to use porch paint on the floor. I just looked into Blackjack? Is that underpayment? Could I just use that as the flooring?

So I looked into linoleum, and the Lowe’s guy told me that for a 10x12 piece of linoleum and install, it will be well over $1,000.
That definitely isn't true.... but it is still pricey. I spent a little over $200 to put linoleum down in our 20x10 foot coop. For the ease of cleaning, I felt it was well worth the expense since I'm young and plan on keeping chooks til I die!

So I l

I look

ed into linoleum, and the Lowe’s guy told me that for a 10x12 piece of linoleum and install, it will be well over $1,000. I could NOT believe that! So I decided to use porch paint on the floor. I just looked into Blackjack? Is that underpayment? Could I just use that as the flooring?

Most people who use vinyl use a chunk of scrap vinyl and install it themselves.

I'm not particularly familiar with Blackjack, but you can probably do a search and come up with information from people who have done it.

My own coop floor is bare wood because it's small enough to have only needed one sheet and the new, large coop will be open air with a dirt floor. :)

I just looked into Blackjack? Is that underpayment? Could I just use that as the flooring?

Few links for you:
- https://blackjackcoatings.com/products/black-jack-rubr-coat-57
- https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/black-jack-rubr-coat-57-for-your-coop-floor.75145/

Make sure to read the technical sheet as far as application instructions so you can plan ahead. Plan on applying 2 coats.

I don't know how well it'll stick to the paint you already applied. I don't see anything that says it can't work that way, but normally you'd want to apply this to bare wood.

Back
Top Bottom