Flopping Duck

Can you show a picture? Also try and see if the thigh or the joint is disconnected. Take him or her to the vet immediately and if the leg needs to be amputated then that's fine. You can make a Prostethic leg with a 3D printer or just buy one online. Hope they get well soon!

anatomy-of-duck-leg-backyard-chickens.jpg
@casportpony has a pic of the anatomy of a duck which may help you locate the injury better and know how to help. How long ago was this?

This is
Can you show a picture? Also try and see if the thigh or the joint is disconnected. Take him or her to the vet immediately and if the leg needs to be amputated then that's fine. You can make a Prostethic leg with a 3D printer or just buy one online. Hope they get well soon!
I’ve felt all the way up and there’s no cuts, no swelling, I’m not sure what I’m looking for. I’ve called all the vets in the area and they won’t treat him. There’s a farm animal rescue that I’m waiting on an answer from, hopefully they’ll know what to do but the woman who referred me said that they’re picky about what they treat so they may turn me away. I didn’t know it would be so hard to find someone who would even look at him, much less know how to treat him. My local vet took a look at a duckling of mine when he had pneumonia but his receptionist keeps turning me away.

Could this have been coming on gradual even before the fight and you just didn't notice it? thinking maybe a niacin deficiency? Which can be helped by Vitamin B Complex?

Sorry I didn’t upload a video, my neighbor’s dog tried to get into the coop and I’ve spent the last two days trying to fix the hole and dog proofing the rest of it. These guys have put me through the loop!

I am so sorry you lost him :hugs

I do believe your neighbors need a good talking to about their dog, that is pitiful you have to be put through that worry also.

Back
Top Bottom