Floppy comb in a healthy hen

ZoeLou33

Hatching
Oct 31, 2020
I am new to this group, so hello! I have a 5 month old Leghorn named Zoe. She is spoiled rotten and dearly loved! My question is...when her comb came in, it flopped over her right eye..and there it remains. She is 100% healthy. Is this normal or is there a way to fix it so she can see out of both eyes?

Attachments

• 1601776351243.jpeg
    1601776351243.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 15
We have a mixed variety of chooks in our flock, from Isa's, Leghorn x, and Australorp x, plus some- and at least half have flopped combs.

I believe its just natural, some get it and some don't 🙃

Some birds just get such a big tall comb that they flop over. In extreme cases the comb can be dubbed (cut off) if it causes irritation and visual impairment (like birds getting hit in the eye by it). This doesn't look too bad, even if her vision isn't optimal on that side, it doesn't seem to be causing discomfort.

I am new to this group, so hello! I have a 5 month old Leghorn named Zoe. She is spoiled rotten and dearly loved! My question is...when her comb came in, it flopped over her right eye..and there it remains. She is 100% healthy. Is this normal or is there a way to fix it so she can see out of both eyes?
:welcome :welcome :welcome

Back
Top Bottom