Why floppy comb?:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_20190921_112741.jpg
    IMG_20190921_112741.jpg
    559.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20190921_112748.jpg
    IMG_20190921_112748.jpg
    695.1 KB · Views: 16
Some birds are like that -they have floppy combs. Both the white Leghorns and now the brown Leghorns that my neighbor has, all have floppy single combs and they are girls.
Yea i know for leghorns,female mostly
But this is cockerel (male) and not leghorn:hmm

Yea i know for leghorns,female mostly
But this is cockerel (male) and not leghorn:hmm

Ok. Males usually have bigger combs, so they would have bigger floppy combs than a female of the same breed. Yes, your pic is certainly not of a Leghorn, I was using that as an example. Your question was about combs. Nothing is wrong with a floppy comb.

How old is your bird, and what breed?

Ok. Males usually have bigger combs, so they would have bigger floppy combs than a female of the same breed. Yes, your pic is certainly not of a Leghorn, I was using that as an example. Your question was about combs. Nothing is wrong with a floppy comb.

How old is your bird, and what breed?
14 week, dont know breed:)

Well, it has Naked Neck in its genetics, or is all Naked Neck. I looked up Naked Neck in the APA breed book for Standard of Perfection. APA is American Poultry Association. There are European versions of standards as well, and they can differ from the American standards.

According to the book, the comb on a Naked Neck is “single, medium size, set firmly on head thick at base, straight and upright, with five evenly serrated points. Those at the front and rear shorter than those in the middle; blade slightly following contour of skull.”

Of course, yours may have other genetics causing the comb to fall over.

Back
Top Bottom