FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I give mine Wazine every 6 months.. it doesn't get rid of all worms but it works on the common ones.
what do you do with your eggs from that time period? Do you feed them back to the chickens or throw them out? I give mine wazine also and was wondering how long you should wait before eating the eggs after treatment?

I forget which one it kills, roundworm i think...

I throw away eggs for 10 days, and repeat worming in 1 month.

Valbazen kills many more varieties of worms but you have to dose each chicken individually
rather than putting it in the water like you do with Wazine.

Hello everybody!! Brand new to BYC and everything that goes with it. I have done tons of reading on different breeds and different style coops. We live in indian river county, Florida. We are just finishing our coop and will be ready to have chicks by the weekend. Does anyone know reputable people to purchase our beginning flock on the treasure/space coast?
Welcome from NE FLorida!
Hello! I have had my chickens for almost 5 months now. However in from MI and this is totally different environment then I'm used to! How often do you all worm your birds here? I have 8 chickens and all are different breeds. I let them free range all day long and lock them up at night but 2 days ago my cochen baby was attacked and I'm not sure by what....he is currently rehabilitating in my bedroom... Vetericyn 3 times a day. And last night my silkie was laying in the bottom of the coop soaking wet and limp... I warmed her up with a blow dryer and she pooped out a giant worm and now seems fine. I wormed with safegaurd(horse wormer) but not sure if I gave enough to be effective! I know I'm posting randomly bit I'm new to chickens and Florida. I need all the help I can get! Lol
That is a great subject you brought up. My 4 chickens are healthy looking and I have never seen any worms in their poop ( I did research on the poop page too
big_smile.png
). do I still need to worm them? Is that a prophylactic treatment that should be done how often? All mine are laying and just under a year old.

I live in Ocala - silver springs area and i have two roosters i need to get rid off :( one is a cream leg bar and the other is a mille fleur d'uccle they will be for free to the people on here please send me a message is your interested they both are about 4 to 3 months old

Last edited:
Another reminder...

Animal Swap Meet Saturday June 29th,
8am to 4pm (Dunnellon, Florida)

Brooks Ranch and Farm Supply announces their first Animal Swap Meet. Special deals on feed and hay. Coastal 5.50 per bale and feed specials.
5304 South Highway 41 (next to Lombardos)
Dunnellon, FL
352 465 2772
if you have any questions.

Hello! I have had my chickens for almost 5 months now. However in from MI and this is totally different environment then I'm used to! How often do you all worm your birds here? I have 8 chickens and all are different breeds. I let them free range all day long and lock them up at night but 2 days ago my cochen baby was attacked and I'm not sure by what....he is currently rehabilitating in my bedroom... Vetericyn 3 times a day. And last night my silkie was laying in the bottom of the coop soaking wet and limp... I warmed her up with a blow dryer and she pooped out a giant worm and now seems fine. I wormed with safegaurd(horse wormer) but not sure if I gave enough to be effective! I know I'm posting randomly bit I'm new to chickens and Florida. I need all the help I can get! Lol

Welcome to BYC! Where in MI. are you from? We wised up and moved down here from MI. 20+ years ago

I live in Ocala - silver springs area and i have two roosters i need to get rid off :( one is a cream leg bar and the other is a mille fleur d'uccle they will be for free to the people on here please send me a message is your interested they both are about 4 to 3 months old
the top one is just adorable. if he is still available Monday/Tuesday, I may be able to convince SO...

Back
Top Bottom