FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Bean789

Songster
5 Years
Apr 25, 2014
Spring Hill, FL
They look pretty healthy to me and are eating and drinking very well. I have checked them for mites, pasty butt, not skinny, and they love apples. Yesterday, I gave then a little cooked oatmeal with some canned pumpkin and brown sugar. Good thing I took my hand out quickly as they dove into that like they hadn't eaten since 10 minutes before. LOL

Last edited:

Bean789

Songster
5 Years
Apr 25, 2014
Spring Hill, FL
My husband doesn't get off till the weekend so maybe we could chat again this weekend and set up a day then?
That would be fine with me. During the week, I don't get home until right at dark thirty anyway. Send me your phone number via a private message and I will give you mine in reply. Thank you for your patience with my photos.

caeti21

Chirping
Jun 12, 2015
Florida
Lol thats funny , my chickens love it when i give them that stuff too , i havent tried pumpkin yet

Last edited:

linear

Hatching
Sep 3, 2015
Middleburg, Florida
Hi everyone, I am in Middleburg/Orange Park area south of Jacksonville. Is there anyone nearby who has 2 or 3 baby chicks for sale. I have just received a small coop and had a small run setup so I am ready to start raising some laying hens. Thanks..

cmom

Hilltop Farm
Nov 18, 2007
Florida
My Coop
Hi everyone, I am in Middleburg/Orange Park area south of Jacksonville. Is there anyone nearby who has 2 or 3 baby chicks for sale. I have just received a small coop and had a small run setup so I am ready to start raising some laying hens. Thanks..

Click on this link and it will take you to the Florida's member page. Scroll down to your county for a list of BYC members in your county.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/florida-always-sunny-side-up

dfr1973

Songster
8 Years
Nov 20, 2011
rural central FL
I am about an hour south of you in southern Putnam County. I have gold-laced Wyandotte chicks hatching today
but they won't be ready for a few weeks ... I have to see gender ratio, coloring, and growth rate, but will know in 6-8 weeks which pullets I'll be keeping to grow out.

linear

Hatching
Sep 3, 2015
Middleburg, Florida
Hi and thank you!! I just had a phone call from a friend here in town that has a guy out in Hilliard, Fl that is giving me a few chicks this weekend... I will keep you in mind for future. Once I learn how to raise these babies well, I will be expanding the flock..Thanks again, Jacquelyn

Rob Laz

In the Brooder
Feb 25, 2015
Fleming Island Florida
Hello: My name is Robert and I live in Fleming Island/Orange Park. I have 7 chickens right now. I am new to raising hens as well. I got three gold laced wyandottes from Katrina in Putnam county and they are wonderful healthy birds.

Have you been to the Middleburg Bird and Farm swap meet and the Bent creek swap? These are nearby and there are always people selling chicks there.

Top Bottom