FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

ep.gif
I have never had any of my boys start that early at 6 weeks.

I had one start at @ 4 weeks, must be a lot of something in the dirt here
th.gif
at least right now it is just a little screech

Jax here! After years of wanting, I am finally able to start my preparations to build my coop then my flock. Sadly, I work during the day and will have to miss out on the fun of raising chicks by buying pullets.. anyone else here from Jax?
I'm in East Arlington. My babies are almost 7 weeks old now but I raised 8 from 1-2 day olds. I'm down to 5 now but possibly 4 soon as I can't figure out if one is a dominant pullet crowing or if it's a boy getting his vocals ready. We are hoping to finish our coop and run this weekend but who knows.

Hi everyone :) I'm new to the forum, and quickly found my way to the Florida thread, lol. I share my life with horses, dogs, reptiles, and arachnids, and hopefully in the near future, poultry. Been wanting to own a farm since I was a child and my dream is finally coming true. I'm closing on an awesome house sitting on 2.5 acres this month in New smyrna beach. I actually live in NSB right now but it's a townhouse lol. No room for chickens let alone my horse. Glad to meet you all :D

Hi everyone :) I'm new to the forum, and quickly found my way to the Florida thread, lol. I share my life with horses, dogs, reptiles, and arachnids, and hopefully in the near future, poultry. Been wanting to own a farm since I was a child and my dream is finally coming true. I'm closing on an awesome house sitting on 2.5 acres this month in New smyrna beach. I actually live in NSB right now but it's a townhouse lol. No room for chickens let alone my horse. Glad to meet you all :D

Good deal, you found us! Hi Riley
frow.gif

Quote:
I have had chicks that I thought were males and they turned out to be females and what I thought were females that turned out to be males.
I have 2 project chicks I thought were males that turned out to be females. I kept them for the freezer but not any more. They are excellent egg layers.
I bred a male Rose Comb Rhode Island Red to female Rose Comb Rhode Island Whites.

Here they are as chicks I gave away the rest of the chicks and have no Idea if the dark ones turned out to be male or female. I may try my project again. Here they are just after they hatched, they are the white colored and the black chicks.

I thought this was a female but now I don't know because I gave them all away.

I thought these were males but the 2 I kept turned out to be females. The same as the one in the top picture.

welcome-byc.gif
and the Florida thread.

Chick project for 2016, some of my Rose Comb Rhode Island White females with a Rose Comb Rhode Island Red male. I am going to put a couple of the RC RIW females with a couple of RC RIR females and a RC RIR male. Curious as this is the same as my last years project. I want to see if the RC RIW female with RC RIR male, come out the same as the last year's chicks did. This time instead of giving most away, I'll keep them. I do have my Red Sex-Link project too. I have done this many times over the years, SC RIW females with SC RIR male which has produced very nice Red Sex-Links which turned out to be great layers.
(I know I just posted these pictures in a previous post) since a couple white chicks turned out to be female. I love a mystery. Curious if the chicks will turn out to be color sex-able like most Sex-Links.
Male or female?

The 2 white chicks I kept, turned out to be females.

Last edited:
Chick project for 2016, some of my Rose Comb Rhode Island White females with a Rose Comb Rhode Island Red male. I am going to put a couple of the RC RIW females with a couple of RC RIR females and a RC RIR male. Curious as this is the same as my last years project. I want to see if the RC RIW female with RC RIR male, come out the same as the last year's chicks did. This time instead of giving most away, I'll keep them. I do have my Red Sex-Link project too. I have done this many times over the years, SC RIW females with SC RIR male which has produced very nice Red Sex-Links which turned out to be great layers.
(I know I just posted these pictures in a previous post) since a couple white chicks turned out to be female. I love a mystery. Curious if the chicks will turn out to be color sex-able like most Sex-Links.
Male or female?

The 2 white chicks I kept, turned out to be females.
Cute chicks cmom, really like the looks of the white one especially!

Took birds to the show today. Didn't do too bad. They got Best of Breed, Reserve Breed, Best Variety and Reserve Variety. No champions this time. This was the last APA show of the season except for the fairs.

Back
Top Bottom