FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hello,
My name is Christopher Sullivan... I live in Naples, SW Florida... I currently own a pair of black Sumatra fowl... and I would appreciate any leads on local sources for a pair or a trio of standard Cochins... Please.

WOW, welcome to the newest FL members!

Just had to double check all doors and make sure the barn is still secure for this mornings coming storms. I hope everyone is doing good after yesterdays storms, and stays dry today.

To answer the uestion of what to do during a storm. Everyone gets locked inside the barn, and we hope for the best. This summers projects include an open coop\
un for the call ducks and mandarin ducks with a pond. Also two 3 sided structure in the pasture for daytime shade or shelter from storms. We also have a goat house that is open for anyone who needs it during the day. The GP's get locked in a 5'x5'x6'tall kennel insside the garage if severe storms come through.

------------------------------------------------
In the bator:
13 EE eggs (EE hens with a Lavendar Ameraucana Rooster in with them)

Getting ready to set:
8 - Easter Egger ( blue green to light olive )
2 - Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
2 - Blue/ Black Ameraucana

Last edited by a moderator:
vanilla.exe :

@carol: I guess I would bring them inside, but I'm only going to have 2. What do those of you with huge flocks, or other farm animals do?

lau.gif
Only two!
lau.gif

Now it's our turn, folks. The Bay area is under a tornado watch, so batten down the hatches. I can't wait to finish my aviary with the coop (still an open air one) inside so it is a bit more secure during storms than the open-air one they are in right now.

Greenkalki - I will check my emails of what folks are bringing to my swap on Saturday - someone mentioned a few trios, but I don't remember if they were cochins. It's a bit of a drive for you.​

good morning every one!!!!

I have no ducks but one female left K Campbell chicks drowned in the pool and male and other females got taken by something
hu.gif

I don't know what they were taken at night with no trace not even one feather, do you think they flew away?

I cant imagine them flying away unless something really scared them. I have a mallard that showed up here this winter and even he doesnt fly away. You have to be careful with the ducklings. They can drown very easy as once their feathers are wet they get waterlogged. What I do is to get a shallow pan or tote and put enough water in ti for them. Then they can hop in and out whenever. An old 13x9 pan works great if you have one Sorry to hear about your ducks but it does sound like a predator.

I had coons and foxes do a good one before but they left evidence
1st time i woke up one morning and the male was gone and I thought he flew away
then the chicks drowned that same day a couple day later the other 3 females were just gone too I thought the male came at night to pick then up
maybe a coyote I mean my dogs did not go off or nothing
barnie.gif

well I got one female left I might bring her to the St.Pete swap
hu.gif
she just mopes around this place all by her self
sad.png

I feel bad for her

Last edited:
Quote:
lau.gif
Only two!
lau.gif

Hey now! Don't laugh at me
hide.gif

Welcome to the new members! Wow, 300 members and I'm the only one in St. Augustine. I know people here have chickens, where are they all hiding?

@Nava: Maybe they got blown away/lost in the storms?

Back
Top Bottom