FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hi :frow So Sorry to hear about your loss. I’ve dealt with foxes before, and it is not fun :hmm
Are you interested only in Cochins?
No, but I like big birds because they're harder for hawks to carry off. At least deterring one predator...I've got 19 chicks in a brooder in my living room (oy!!) of 5 different breeds. The new run is weensy compared to the old, but with chainlink, razor wire, sniper tower, alligator mote, sirens, and highbeam spotlights.

Lakeland, FL here! I am new to raising chickens and will have about 25 this week. I just jumped right in with this! No really, someone is giving me 25 birds in exchange for feed. I am not sure what breeds, age or sex they are. Anyone in Lakeland that can come help me out once I get them. You will be gifted a couple of chickens for it. :D
Let me know, I'll come over and help.. I'm in the north side of Lakeland, Banana Rd, I'm set with chicken, so no need for the gift.. (I'll take a beer if, if you have one) :thumbsup

Let me know, I'll come over and help.. I'm in the north side of Lakeland, Banana Rd, I'm set with chicken, so no need for the gift.. (I'll take a beer if, if you have one) :thumbsup

We are neighbors!! I am off of W. Socrum Loop. Those chickens didn't happen as planned. I only have two now. I have a Black Sex Link and a Barred Rock that I think is a rooster. I am headed to the auction on Saturday morning to get a couple more

Do you free range yours? I am trying to figure out which breeds are going to work best for my yard. I have 6.5 acres and a large coop that they will be housed in at night. I know I should probably go with larger birds. Any suggestions?

Do you free range yours? I am trying to figure out which breeds are going to work best for my yard. I have 6.5 acres and a large coop that they will be housed in at night. I know I should probably go with larger birds. Any suggestions?
I do free range mine.. I agree that you should go with larger breeds, for various reasons.. Keep them in the coop till they get a little size on them and know 'this is home'..

We are neighbors!! I am off of W. Socrum Loop. Those chickens didn't happen as planned. I only have two now. I have a Black Sex Link and a Barred Rock that I think is a rooster. I am headed to the auction on Saturday morning to get a couple more
Cool, glad to know I have someone nearby I could talk to about chicken.. PLS, where's the auction, I'd like to go myself.. Do you have info about it??

There's a section here in BYC that show the diff breeds, sizes and such info.. Maybe another member can point it out to us..

Here it is: www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/chicken-breeds.16/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom