FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hi newbie here in central Florida...where is the best place to purchase chicks for the first time?
I'm considering RIR's for my first flock!

Thanks so much for any suggestions :)
Are you anywhere near the Ocala area? Rural King has chicks all of the time.
TSCRK2018.jpg

Hi newbie here in central Florida...where is the best place to purchase chicks for the first time?
I'm considering RIR's for my first flock!

Thanks so much for any suggestions :)
I agree with CMOM, Rural King stores usually have chicks year round. There is one in Spring Hill, Zephyrhills, and Lake Wales. If none of those are close, you can usually find chicks at a local TSC or other feed store in the spring and fall. Or you can order them, as dawg53 said.

I agree with CMOM, Rural King stores usually have chicks year round. There is one in Spring Hill, Zephyrhills, and Lake Wales. If none of those are close, you can usually find chicks at a local TSC or other feed store in the spring and fall. Or you can order them, as dawg53 said.
There are stores in Ocala and Crystal River too and probably some I'm not aware of. I think you can go on their website and they have a store locator.

Thanks so much you guys are great. Does anyone have any experience with a Welsummer chicken? Good layers, good in the heat? Just curious have been reading about them but I don't see too much talk about them....but I am new here

Florida Sunshine Classic Poultry Show
(the first Saturday in January)

January 5th and 6th 2019
Columbia County Fairgrounds
438 SW State Road 247
Lake City, FL 32025
---> MAP
Danny & Norma Padgett
15930 W State Road 238
Lake Butler, Florida 32054
386-496-2561

I do sell sometimes. I getting ready to set up my breeding pens this next week. I have both pure Single Comb and Rose Comb Rhode island Reds. I don't have any males until I do my yearly hatch except my breeders.
This is one of my Single Comb females that was a champion at a show.
IMG_3456.JPG

Back
Top Bottom