FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nava, Mar 7, 2010.

1. ItsAZOO32

ItsAZOO32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    Quote:ummmmm.... HEHE... dang chicken math [​IMG]

We haven't even officially finished the first coop LOL.. I guess I just want 1 of everything! [​IMG]

2. ItsAZOO32

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    Quote:I am sorry but that has to be the creepiest thing EVER.. [​IMG] the little girl's face about sums it up [​IMG]

3. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast

We haven't even officially finished the first coop LOL.. I guess I just want 1 of everything! [​IMG]

Since there is a no Roo rule where you live do they have a max hen rule too? Also how big is your yard? Remember you have coop square footage as well as yard space too. Over crowding (not saying you are doing it, there or anything) can lead to troube in a flock.

I thought I wanted 1 of all the pretty breeds, then discovered although I think they are very pretty, the bantams are not my thing. I worry about them most with free ranging, but don't want them to not get that time too. Luckily our male pyrenees is alway on guard.

4. ItsAZOO32

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.

Since there is a no Roo rule where you live do they have a max hen rule too? Also how big is your yard? Remember you have coop square footage as well as yard space too. Over crowding (not saying you are doing it, there or anything) can lead to troube in a flock.

I thought I wanted 1 of all the pretty breeds, then discovered although I think they are very pretty, the bantams are not my thing. I worry about them most with free ranging, but don't want them to not get that time too. Luckily our male pyrenees is alway on guard.

Well, overall as an established group I won't keep more than 12 here. I only want 1-2 bantams just cause they are cute. [​IMG] I will keep growing out a few here and there and selling, re-homing or eating the rest [​IMG] We have a rather good sized yard for free ranging. I think the "technical" rule for Brevard County is 1 hen unless that has changed... 1 hen?! That's just MEAN..

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  5. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Quote:Is this the famous fully naked chick? My goodness it is interesting looking, and needs sunblock down here lol.

Jess. sounds like a plan for sure. Hubby is planning a retirement are for the older hens lol.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
  6. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Quote:[​IMG] I missed you at POOPS!!!!!!

I like it already!!!!!

7. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Quote:Lordy, you need to get that chicken some clothing . .. It is NAKED!

8. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Quote:If I have nightmares tonight after looking at these right before going to bed, I blame you.

9. K9ThorsMom

K9ThorsMom Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2010
    Pinellas County, FL
    By any chance, does anyone have any white leghorn pullets / hens for sale? Looking for birds that are already laying or close to laying...picking up my coop tomorrow (FINALLY) and moving the girls to my boyfriend's house in St. Pete where they won't have to "hide" anymore [​IMG] Silly boyfriend thought I only had 4 chickens...HA! I have six...and looking to add a few more now that I finally broke him down and he's letting me keep them at his place [​IMG] Oh, and I *may* be interested in another cochin pullet (oh ItsieBitsie!!!), and possibly an Ameraucana pullet...does anyone have those available?

10. LibertyRoo

LibertyRoo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    Homestead/Redland Fl.
    Here are two of my five week old American Dominiques.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by