1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nava, Mar 7, 2010.

1. carolsmith7878

carolsmith7878 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Versailles, MO
    Thanks![​IMG]

I am still learning, and thankfully have some time to do so before their July arrival.

2. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Ok Guys and Gals,

Quick update.....finally after I don't know how of a wait time I will be starting the "gound breaking" of my very first coop. We are all moved in in our new house. We closed late April and I just finished working on the inside lastnight at 1 am! lol The renovations in the inside took waaay longer than expected (imagine that!), the good news is that I got plenty of practice working with my new toys (what some of you may call power tools! lol)...

This weekend I'm going to be working on my backyard moving bricks away from where I want my coop and will level the ground off etc....not sure if I will start a post for everyone to follow along or if I will wait until is done to post...either way pics will be added sooner than later....

With that said i will be needing some chicks soon and I would rather get them from one of you BYC locals if at all possible...so if you will have some chick available in a few weeks feel free to PM me.....

Oh and I will prob be posting on the coop area with the million ?'s that I'm sure will come up as I build the coop...so look in there to help me out pls...hehehehe

3. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I sent you a PM!

4. ChickenLoverChrista

ChickenLoverChrista Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2010
    Fort Pierce, FL
    WE will be pouring the cement floor of our long awaited chicken coop. I will take pics as we move along - with so much else to do - it will probably take 6 months to build the coop. The coop will be the shape of a pentagon, 9 feet on each side.

so are on our way,,, everything is A-OK.

I am so excited.....

[​IMG]

5. ItsAZOO32

ItsAZOO32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    Quote:WOW that's a HUGE COOP!!
    Let me know when you want some chicks. My dad lives down that way and I could bring you a few [​IMG]

6. crossgirl

crossgirl Day Dream Believer

Mar 15, 2011
    Lakeland, FL
    Quote:Hi neighbor!!!
    [​IMG]

The cheapest coop will be one you make yourself from found/recycled materials. If that's not an option trying posting a "wanted" ad on craigslist. Be sure your chickies have plenty of shade, water and lots and lots of ventilation.

7. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    ...and I was excited about my lil coop! hahahaha....and it will probably take me longer than 6 months hahahahahahahaha:lol:

Quote:

8. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Hey guys! I've got some juveniles/chicks I need to get rid of, so let me know if you're interested! I'm in Polk City and work in Lakeland. Here's what I've got:

Splash Copper Marans cockerel - 3 months old
    Buff Barred Bantam Cochin cockerels (2) - 3 months old, 1 has a ton of barring and the other's is very slight
    Mottled Bantam Cochin pair - hen is about 5 wks, cockerel is about 8 wks old
    Mottled Bantam Cochin cockerels - 5-8 wks old
    Bantam Cochins, mixed colors - 4-8 wks old

Make me an offer on any of the above! I'm sure there's something else I'm missing too...

9. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Kelly
    How are the tolbunts doing? I do believe I have a pair. They are getting so big. I will be out for the summer after next week and hope to get mine all seperated.
    sharon

10. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    I am in winter haven.......... tons of chicks!

olive eggers
    ameracaunas
    Easter eggers
    turkens

No shipping costs when you buy local from other breeders [​IMG] and you get to see the parents & how the chickens are kept

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by