FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
wee.gif
Congratulations!!!!
wee.gif

well, a trip to the vet today for my old dog.. apparently has an neck/spine injury.. couldn't afford an x-ray or anything to determine the severity but they gave him a muscle relaxer injection and a steroid injection then sent me home with more anti-inflammatory pills and muscle relaxer's. Not money I needed to spend now but he was in such pain and couldn't even walk straight. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks he will improve. Thanks to everyone for the advice. Going to keep looking for an orthopedic bed/pad.

Quote:
Although there are certain tendencies commonly found in each breed, every chicken is an individual and, depending on the genetic hand of cards she's been dealt, could go against type. Those breeds designed for egg production usually have had all that broody instinct bred out of them, but Individual Results May Vary.

Right now I have a little mixed-breed bantam setting on 13 mixed bantam eggs. They're due to hatch in a couple of weeks. Congratulations on the incubator hatch!

Quote:
From the auction you grasped out of my little hands....
gig.gif

Just kidding!! Congratulations on my chicks... er.. I mean on YOUR new chicks!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Please let me know your overall hatch rate, I looked at his same auction yesterday and it was $16.00.

OK here are some pics of the girls I got for sale there's a total of 7 of them
they were taken today.

38176_blue_orps_040.jpg

38176_blue_orps_042.jpg

38176_blue_orps_043.jpg

38176_blue_orps_044.jpg

38176_blue_orps_045.jpg

38176_blue_orps_041.jpg

Quote:
I don't know if this works for all dogs, but when dachsunds have back/spine injuries vitamin C and bed rest is best. You'd have to look up the C dosage for your big guy but it can't hurt and may help. It's really like a miracle drug for dachsunds.

Quote:
I don't know if this works for all dogs, but when dachsunds have back/spine injuries vitamin C and bed rest is best. You'd have to look up the C dosage for your big guy but it can't hurt and may help. It's really like a miracle drug for dachsunds.

Very good to know! Especially since my chicken bestie MelloLadies is getting a baby mini-dachshund next week for Christmas
wink.png

Jess,

Sorry he got worse. Heat for 10-15 minutes and light massage will help too. The older they get the more recovery they require. What all did they send you home with and how much? I can look through our dog medicine cabinet and see what all I have still.

Quote:
Yeah the thing that was concerning me the most was that he was walking sort of sideways.. I figured it was a neck injury because of that and the fact he wasn't turning his neck normally.

They gave us Rimadyl Chew 100mg (2x a day) and methocarbamol 500mg (2x a day)

Back
Top Bottom