FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nava, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Floridachicken1958

Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Quote:Firefox works the best with my Wildblue. Can't get cable so its this or the dreaded dail-up.

OMG you must be out in the boondocks like you said you was when you was here.Dialup Sucks...I'm on cable with 2 laptops running together

2. Floridachicken1958

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    WOW this chick is getting louder

3. Msrhrjr

Msrhrjr New Egg

May 19, 2009
    Msrhrjr Milton

4. Floridachicken1958

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Quote:[​IMG] from cocoa [​IMG]

5. LisaAnnW

LisaAnnW Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2011
    About an hour ago, police swarmed my street, beat the door down, and arrested people at my neighbor's house. It was exciting and frightening to watch from the safety of my house. I'm supposed to sleep? Boy, I wish I had my Glock right now.

6. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:Well DH could just stay and not go out of town. [​IMG]

If Dh is like me, his concern is about the kids accidently getting hold of it. Buy a really nice gun safe to keep it locked in when in the house and he may be OK with it.

Yes, I agree that a safe or trigger lock is really important.

8. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:Hi Juan. I bought a Glock 19 - the same thing my dad carries. I went in looking for a Glock 26, but it felt too small in my hand. Of course I'd rather not ever have to use it, but there's only so much I can do with a golf club, pepper spray, and a 15 pound dog! I'm going to get my permit to carry it with me, too, so I can have it when I take the girls to the city for night time theater performances...I worry about breaking down somewhere and being victimized.

Problem is, I bought the gun a few days ago after a particularly frightening series of events in the neighborhood, and DH (who was out of town) said he would get me a gun for Christmas. He doesn't know anything at all about them, so I bought MYSELF a gun the next day. Then DH came home and I found out he'd changed his mind, and doesn't want a gun in the house! [​IMG] Oops! I'm supposed to pick it up Friday (no refunds!), so I have until then to figure out how to handle this.

Well DH could just stay and not go out of town. [​IMG]

Not sure how helpful that would be...when the police were going by with what looked like assault weapons this evening, DH tried to run outside in his robe. Knowing that bullets can travel great distances, I pulled him back inside. Nothing would have gotten me to leave my house...although my neighbor called to tell me one of our ducks was wandering over to see what the commotion was about. I just had to hope she'd be safe, and she was.

9. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:[​IMG] from Lehigh Acres!

10. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    I see a chick almost hatched! [​IMG] wow they take a long time to get out of the shell don't they? You sure know you are in Florida though when you see a roach in your incubator [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by