FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Guys I have a question that mght or migt not be dumb.
hu.gif

I have 2 girls that are laying (PBR) They started laying late march and have been pretty cosistantly laying an egg a day with a one day break every now and then. The past coupleof days I have only been getting 1 egg from only 1 of my girls. My question is is it normal for 1 hen to not lay for 2 or 3 days or is she sick or something?
hide.gif
She is eating, drinking and pooping and everything as usual. Should I be doing something different?
I wouldn't worry about it if she is acting normal. You may want to check for mites if she is scratching frequently. I normally increase my layers protein in the spring, since they are laying so much. I just scramble up or hard boil extra eggs if the laying slows down, but usually they catch enough bugs that it is not a big problem.

Juan, your chicks are sooo cute. Congratulations!

After several false alarms, my goose is finally sitting on her eggs. My gander is totally ignoring her., He has spent the last two days sleeping all day by the dog kennel! I thought he would spend all day protecting her and the nest. I guess after keeping an eye on her all night, he's leaving the daytime guarding to the dogs.

I wouldn't worry about it if she is acting normal. You may want to check for mites if she is scratching frequently. I normally increase my layers protein in the spring, since they are laying so much. I just scramble up or hard boil extra eggs if the laying slows down, but usually they catch enough bugs that it is not a big problem.

Juan, your chicks are sooo cute. Congratulations!

After several false alarms, my goose is finally sitting on her eggs. My gander is totally ignoring her., He has spent the last two days sleeping all day by the dog kennel! I thought he would spend all day protecting her and the nest. I guess after keeping an eye on her all night, he's leaving the daytime guarding to the dogs.
Thank you so much, I will increase her protein and see if that helps. I'm so new at this and I worry so much over everything.

We just found out the my husband is getting transferred on June 1st! We will be moving to Alabama. So, unfortunately, I am going to have to sell my birds.
5 laying hens
1 Muscovy pair
11 one month old muscovy ducklings.
I have an ad in the buy/sell forum if anyone local is interested.
Thanks. Now I have to start packing.
he.gif

Last edited:
Guys I have a question that mght or migt not be dumb.
hu.gif

I have 2 girls that are laying (PBR) They started laying late march and have been pretty cosistantly laying an egg a day with a one day break every now and then. The past coupleof days I have only been getting 1 egg from only 1 of my girls. My question is is it normal for 1 hen to not lay for 2 or 3 days or is she sick or something?
hide.gif
She is eating, drinking and pooping and everything as usual. Should I be doing something different?
If it were me I wouldn't worry about them laying everyday with the heat as hot as it has been But if they start acting out of the normal then it's time to worry.But sounds to me that that your chickens sounds to be ok except for the heat.Give them time to cool off and you will see the egg production back to normal.

We just found out the my husband is getting transferred on June 1st!  We will be moving to Alabama.  So, unfortunately, I am going to have to sell my birds. 
5 laying hens
1 Muscovy pair
11 one month old muscovy ducklings.
I have an ad in the classifieds if anyone local is interested.
Thanks.  Now I have to start packing.  :he

Sorry you are moving, post pics and what you want for them and maybe a local will get them. :D

What are your laying hens?

Maye

Back
Top Bottom