FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Yeah I'm so frustrated. Not sure why I've had the bad luck this year... lost so much on chicks that didn't make it. Luckily I was able to clear my OEs throat last night so she is able to breathe now and is eating ok as she lives comfortably in my bathroom for a while. Fingers crossed that she's able to recover quickly

Hello and a very random question for you guys!
wee.gif

Is anyone by chance going to and/or coming from the Ocala area US-27 towards I-95 like to Melbourne/Palm Bay/Sebastian?

I am trying my best to bring a pair of beautiful Finch from there
fl.gif
please let me know and no rush - thank you!

Now asking from another area - Naples
Is anyone by chance going to and/or coming from the Naples area by I-75 towards I-95 like to Melbourne/Palm Bay/Sebastian?
fl.gif

Looking for RIR or black australorp. Prefer 4 week or older. I am in Citrus county (central Florida) but willing to drive. If anyone has either to sell could you shoot me a PM please?

I hope you all know I am not asking for a free favor, its a favor of course but I am reimbursing gas and whatever else might be needed

So still looking for a Naples/I-95 connection please

Okay, it finally happened to ME. I am so frazzled I can't remember what I am supposed to do. The neighbor's dogs dug under the fence and attacked my chickens. They only injured one. She has shallow puncture wounds and some torn flesh. I applied neosporin without painkiller, I gave her some gatorade laced with Tylan 50 to ward off infection, and I wrapped her in a towel to get her warm. She's now inside with a heating pad on her. Seems in shock, not standing up. What else do I do? I can't think straight. My dogs went out there and one got into it with the biggest of the dogs. He has some flesh wounds on his ear but he's fine. Neighbor is sympathetic and offered to replace if she dies, and pay for any vet bills for the dog. Of course this has to happen on a Saturday night. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Well we lost my granddaughters blue splash silkie with no warning, no sign of illness or trauma she was just gone the thursday . So she is getting one of the buff Cochin chicks as a replace ment!

On a lighter note I went out just before sun up to have a cigarette "we do not smoke in the house" and I heard some strange noises and flapping around coming from the direction of the pens!!
I thought something was in there so bare foot I run down there, go thrue the saw palmettos tearing up my legs and feet on the way!
When I get there I see Dweezle my blue sizzle mock fighting with my grandsons black silkie flapping around, he runs in a couple of circles and starts to attempt to crow!
It is the scariest sound in the dark, like some one strangling a cat while trying to play the violin!
Looks like my little boy will be ready to give me some little ones with my blue splash silkie soon
fl.gif
I need to correct the white on his feet so we got a blue splash form show winning parents to fix his flaws, and he is the 1st of the young ones to crow beating out Marys Spanish who look way more mature and I belive a bit older!!
clap.gif

Last edited:
Okay, it finally happened to ME. I am so frazzled I can't remember what I am supposed to do. The neighbor's dogs dug under the fence and attacked my chickens. They only injured one. She has shallow puncture wounds and some torn flesh. I applied neosporin without painkiller, I gave her some gatorade laced with Tylan 50 to ward off infection, and I wrapped her in a towel to get her warm. She's now inside with a heating pad on her. Seems in shock, not standing up. What else do I do? I can't think straight. My dogs went out there and one got into it with the biggest of the dogs. He has some flesh wounds on his ear but he's fine. Neighbor is sympathetic and offered to replace if she dies, and pay for any vet bills for the dog. Of course this has to happen on a Saturday night. Thanks for any help.

Yikes!! So glad it wasn't worse for you. How is she today??

Oh no!!! its only ever my own dog that gets my birds unfortunately...he's killed two of my faves...(how the hell do they know?!) I've heard flushing with saline and getting some electrolytes and poly-vi,sol without iron. Please keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom