FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Welcome to all the new FlBYCers....
I hope everyone weathers the storm. Been tied up at work with storm prep.
But, I finally had time off today to go get my new turkey's. Yea!!!
c6e4e418-4219-7173.jpg

c6e4e418-4242-43a7.jpg

c6e4e418-4267-aa22.jpg

Going to keep a Tom and some hens. On my way to being more self-sufficient. Next on the list is some goats.
big_smile.png

Maye
Ride the Glide..... Got Gait..... I Do....
I got 3 turkeys and a wild 1 that hangs out.the wild 1 is so skinny.

Does anyone else have restless birds tonight? My Red Stars are out of their coop and won't go to bed even though it's 12:32am! They've never done that before. Maybe it's the full moon? Mosquitos too rough? Fire Ants? Should they switch to Sanka ?

Last edited:
Does anyone else have restless birds tonight? My Red Stars are out of their coop and won't go to bed even though it's 12:32am! They've never done that before. Maybe it's the full moon? Mosquitos too rough? Fire Ants? Should they switch to Sanka ?
Only reason my chickens woke up & started squaking was there was a cat out back roaming around.But when that cat found out there was a pig out there sleeping next to the birds he took off quickly.

Welcome from Lake Wales. Glad you found us. This thread is not as busy as it used to be but I guess everybody has been caught up in the summer heat and storms. Nava has been MIA since June 6 and haven't heard a clue about what has happened. Unless I missed something somewhere. LOL.

Well we did not get the brunt of Isac but he took his toll on our silkies!!
The Spanish, Marans and layers were untouched.
The run with the silkies and sizzles had a tree limb come thru it "more like half a tree" and both the girls were lost.
We lost both our blue splash silkie girls mine and my grand daughters both!
The black boy silkie my blue splash sizzle and my other granddaughters sizzle are OK but we had a time finding the little boy.
This leaves us with 1 male black silkie 1 blue sizzle boy and one "probable boy" partrige sizzle!
If any one has any older good quality blue splash silkie girls let me know.

Last edited:
Hey all! I am from NC but will be vacationing in Panama City Beach this week.I hate having to use store bought eggs (and eggs don't travel so well) so can anyone help me find a farmers market with farm-fresh eggs? We will be staying on Front Beach Road if that helps..
Thanks, Lenore

Hey all! I am from NC but will be vacationing in Panama City Beach this week.I hate having to use store bought eggs (and eggs don't travel so well) so can anyone help me find a farmers market with farm-fresh eggs? We will be staying on Front Beach Road if that helps..
Thanks, Lenore

your eggs travel better than you think. Last year we went to the mountains on vacation, I took 2 18 packs, ( I refused to buy eggs when I have my own from my girls). My husband stored them in the back of SUV on the TOP
hmm.png
Anyway, needless to say when we got there, they had shifted. When he opened the back, they fell, hit the bottom, then hit the bumper, and then hit the gravel driveway. After all that, out of 36 eggs, only 6 were broken. My girls lay GOOD eggs!

I wish I knew where there was a farmers market for you close to there, but it has been awhile since I traveled that way. I hope you enjoy your vacation!!

Back
Top Bottom