FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Born in St. Pete. Been in Citrus County my whole life.
big_smile.png

your eggs travel better than you think. Last year we went to the mountains on vacation, I took 2 18 packs, ( I refused to buy eggs when I have my own from my girls). My husband stored them in the back of SUV on the TOP
hmm.png
Anyway, needless to say when we got there, they had shifted. When he opened the back, they fell, hit the bottom, then hit the bumper, and then hit the gravel driveway. After all that, out of 36 eggs, only 6 were broken. My girls lay GOOD eggs!

I wish I knew where there was a farmers market for you close to there, but it has been awhile since I traveled that way. I hope you enjoy your vacation!!
Goodness! Well I will try to take some with us, but we are visiting my great-grandma and will be doing lots of baking so I feel like I wont have many eggs left for my daily omelette. Oh well, Im sure I can find someone local who sells fresh eggs

FlaRocky - The wild one is a different strain its a Osceola. They are a lighter weight bird

I am still waiting ( patiently) for my first eggs...come on girls push ..them ...out ! My oldest, Lucy, is about 6 months now and the other 2 are a month behind....

Last edited:
I am still waiting ( patiently) for my first eggs...come on girls push ..them ...out ! My oldest, Lucy, is about 6 months now and the other 2 are a month behind....
I know the feel Jadnils. It seems like it takes forever. All my older hens are molting, so I am not getting any eggs right now. I am going to start charging them room and board if they don't start contributing soon.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom