FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Howdy! I live in Navarre and am about to order a chicken coop. I was wondering where you got your chickens from. I can't really find any place locally. Thanks so much! Jen Matthews
welcome-byc.gif
A lot of people who first get into chickens buy hatchery chicks. Many feed stores may sell chicks. In March or April (March 31, 2013) about a month before Easter the Tractor Supply Stores have what they call Chick Days and offer many different breeds of chicks. I bought hatchery chicks in the beginning. Now I breed my own birds and hatch my own chicks. I got some different breeds in the beginning until I decided which breeds I wanted to stick with. Now I am breeding to show birds. I started this project a couple of years ago. Recently one of my Rose Comb Rhode Island Whites got best of breed and best variety. Good luck and have fun!!!

Howdy! I live in Navarre and am about to order a chicken coop. I was wondering where you got your chickens from. I can't really find any place locally. Thanks so much! Jen Matthews

Here is a show coming up that is about a 2 hour drive east of you, but will have many BYC'ers and birds of all types.

Panhandle Poultry Club Winter Show
December 8, 2012
Pensacola Interstate Fairgrounds
6655 Mobile Highway, Pensacola, FL
Contact James Blum at 850-232-0729
or Matt Ulrich at 251-942-8555
[email protected]
www.panhandlepoultryclub.webs.com

Hey Stan, I just wanted to let you know how Betty (the BR pullet i got from you that wasn't integrating well with my flock) is doing. She laid her first egg this week. I did build her her own "condo" within the run and she is now trying harder to stay with the other hens instead of running off freaking out the whole way. She's maturing into a really pretty hen.

Hey Stan, I just wanted to let you know how Betty (the BR pullet i got from you that wasn't integrating well with my flock) is doing. She laid her first egg this week. I did build her her own "condo" within the run and she is now trying harder to stay with the other hens instead of running off freaking out the whole way. She's maturing into a really pretty hen.
Glad to hear that the others are starting to accept her and that she is fitting in Jo. I finally have 6 of them for myself and you are right, they are very pretty! No eggs from mine yet though, but they are a bit younger than yours. Is Betty using a common nest box?? That should help......stan

Yes she is. They're still pecking at her back end and I'm painting it purple. She won't lay in her condo, though. She waits until I let everyone out to free range and then she goes in the coop.

Back
Top Bottom