FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hi there! I am new here, is there anyone here lives in pasco area? I want to raise laying hens but I don't know if its legal or not. I live in trinity east gated community. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank u so much!
smile.png

I live up in Hernando county so we are pretty close. Most gated communities have very strict rules ( my mother lives in one) and I am pretty sure that chickens are a no no. You should have received a copy of the bylaws for your communtiy when you bought your home. If not ask for them. You can also look online at the appraisers office site and find out what your house/ area is zoned as.

In Florida, how longs can eggs stay in the nest, before going bad? I know they should be harvested as soon as possible, but I work 24 hour shifts. I was wondering if they laid the day I left, and I came home to harvest them, would they be ok to eat. Also, if needed, I do not have a rooster, only 6 hens (2 Buffs, 2 RIR, and 2 Americanas)
Thanks in advance!
Fire-chicken

In Florida, how longs can eggs stay in the nest, before going bad? I know they should be harvested as soon as possible, but I work 24 hour shifts. I was wondering if they laid the day I left, and I came home to harvest them, would they be ok to eat. Also, if needed, I do not have a rooster, only 6 hens (2 Buffs, 2 RIR, and 2 Americanas)
Thanks in advance!
Fire-chicken
Last summer I lost one of my polish hens....found her after a couple days sitting on a nest of 24 eggs. There were only three polish to lay them so they had been there a week a week or more...esp since polish don't lay every day.

Thanks in advance!
Fire-chicken
They should be fine
smile.png

Thanks in advance!
Fire-chicken
There is not a set rule. Depends on temps and weather or not a hen is setting them. 24 hours should not be a problem. As long as they are not washed, eggs will stay fresh at room temp for 3 weeks or more.............stan

Thanks in advance!
Fire-chicken
I agree with tigercreek. One thing you can beware of is the light-weight egg-- it's usually a bomb and wow! You won't believe the SMELL!
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom