FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Also whatever got my chick yesterday did it between 0830-0930. What animals prey at this time?

I noticed the hawks here like the morning hours, then late afternoon. Dogs might be let out when owners get up or leave for work. Cats hunt any time: once had a panther walk right out in front of my car and stand there like the car didn't exist. Also have seen foxes and racoons out in daylight.

i like the non GMO option, but need more info befor driving two hours and paying that much... If you don't mind, could you answer:
What is in each type? What is the protein %?
Thanks!
Hi Kikiriki!

Here are all the details you asked for. Everything is soy free, too. I just got a fresh shipment in Thursday. We can work something out on the delivery.
Next week I will be ordering Broiler and three different whole grains for fodder. I've had a few requests for those.
You're welcome to call 813.766.4836

LAYER:

With 17% protein, 2% fat, and 8% fiber, our certified soy-free Layer Feed is a complete feed that's supplemented with Thorvin kelp, organic alfalfa, and Fertrell Poultry Nutri-Balancer. It's formulated with additional calcium for egg shell strength and flaxseed to increase the omega-3 content of the eggs. See details for complete ingredient list.

Crude protein, minimum..............................................17.00%
Crude fat, minimum.......................................................2.00%
Crude fiber, maximum...................................................8.00%

INGREDIENTS
Organic Field Peas, Organic Corn, Organic Oats, Organic Wheat, Calcium Carbonate, Fish Meal, Organic Alfalfa Meal, Organic Flaxseed, Organic Rice Bran, Sodium Silico Aluminate, Dried Organic Kelp, Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, Yeast Culture, Roughage Product (organic wheat middlings),Organic Sunflower Oil, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Menadione Nicotinamide Bisulfite Complex, D-Calcium Pantothenic Acid, Niacin Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Extract, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Dried fermentation product of Lactobacillus acidophilus, Dried fermentation product of Lactobacillus casei, , Dried fermentation product of Lactobacillus plantarum, Dried fermentation product of Enterococcus faecium, Dried fermentation product of Bacillus coagulans, Dried fermentation product of Bacillus licheniformis, and Dried fermentation product of Bacillus subtilis.

CHICK STARTER:
This the same 19% blend as our Broiler Feed, but ground finer for baby chicks. We suggest soy-free Starter Feed for the first 2-3 weeks of the feeding cycle. Then switch to our soy-free Broiler Feed. The larger pieces of grain in our feed should stimulate development of the gizzard and help produce healthier adult birds. The peeps never stop when your birds get Countryside Organic Poultry Starter Feed.

Crude protein, minimum..............................................19.00%
Crude fiber, maximum...................................................6.00%

INGREDIENTS
Organic Field Peas, Organic Corn, Organic Wheat, Organic Oats, Fish Meal, Organic Rice Bran, Organic Alfalfa Meal, Organic Flaxseed, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Silico Aluminate, Dried Organic Kelp, Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, Yeast Culture, Roughage Product (organic wheat middlings), Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Menadione Nicotinamide Bisulfite Complex, D-Calcium Pantothenic Acid, Niacin Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Extract, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Dried fermentation product of Lactobacillus acidophilus, Dried fermentation product of Lactobacillus casei, , Dried fermentation product of Lactobacillus plantarum, Dried fermentation product of Enterococcus faecium, Dried fermentation product of Bacillus coagulans, Dried fermentation product of Bacillus licheniformis, and Dried fermentation product of Bacillus subtilis.

SCRATCH:
A mix of organic cracked corn, organic whole wheat, and organic whole oats gives birds an extra source of our quality organic grains. Our Scratch Feed has 9% protein, 2% fat, and 7% fiber.

Crude protein, minimum..............................................9.00%
Crude fiber, maximum...................................................7.00%

INGREDIENTS
Organic Corn, Organic Wheat, Organic Oats

Certified organic by
Global Organic Alliance, Inc.

I noticed the hawks here like the morning hours, then late afternoon. Dogs might be let out when owners get up or leave for work. Cats hunt any time: once had a panther walk right out in front of my car and stand there like the car didn't exist. Also have seen foxes and racoons out in daylight.

Yeah other than between 5pm and 730pm, this was the first time I'd experienced this. Have seen raccoons all hours, day or night. And even a wild boar once early in the morning.

Hi, my family and I just got 3 chickens about a month ago. We live in Largo. We got a Barred Rock (Big Mama) we were told she was about 2 years old; a Red Star? (Sweetie Pie) 14 weeks; and a Blue Orpington? (Blue Belle) 14 weeks. I have chicken fever!!!
yippiechickie.gif
I darn near stay on this website day and night and learn as much as I can.

Jen
Welcome !

To: theadvocate19. Your chickie pics are adorable! I understand how heartbroken you must feel for the loss of one.
sad.png

Hi, my family and I just got 3 chickens about a month ago. We live in Largo. We got a Barred Rock (Big Mama) we were told she was about 2 years old; a Red Star? (Sweetie Pie) 14 weeks; and a Blue Orpington? (Blue Belle) 14 weeks. I have chicken fever!!!
yippiechickie.gif
I darn near stay on this website day and night and learn as much as I can.

Jen

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to the Florida group Jen. You are close to me (in Seminole). I've found a lot of good info on this site. We are first timers with backyard chickens. I bought (3) 3-4 month olds from a farm in Pinellas Park back at the end of March. We just got our first eggs this week and ate some yummy scrambled eggs this morning! It has been a great project for my kids. We love our little flock!! Good luck to you!

Hi, my family and I just got 3 chickens about a month ago. We live in Largo. We got a Barred Rock (Big Mama) we were told she was about 2 years old; a Red Star? (Sweetie Pie) 14 weeks; and a Blue Orpington? (Blue Belle) 14 weeks. I have chicken fever!!!:yiipchick  I darn near stay on this website day and night and learn as much as I can.

Jen

Back
Top Bottom