FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

HELLO:) I am new to back yard chickens and would like to learn so much more:) I love chickens:)

Just wanted to say
welcome-byc.gif

Looks like the ligaments at the base of her tail have loosened. Her vulva is protruding. I'd say she is due any time now. Are you going to put her in a pen on her own? I would do that and give her a shelter with dry hay underneath. Is this her first time farrowing? Natural instincts usually kick in and she will nest (carry straw or sticks around in her mouth) and perform 'housekeeping' around her pen. Being housed with other pigs while farrowing is very dangerous for the piglets, and stressful to the gilt or sow.
Just what I have picked up along the way. Hope all goes well.

Yes the other pigs have been moved an she has started nesting today an she is not nesting In her house she is nestin outside an its her first. Hopefully after they born I can put them in her house

Hello my fellow Floridians!!
frow.gif
I just wanted to say hello from Pensacola!!
Hello from NE Florida!
Yes the other pigs have been moved an she has started nesting today an she is not nesting In her house she is nestin outside an its her first. Hopefully after they born I can put them in her house
That is so exciting. Be sure to take baby pics and share!

Back
Top Bottom