FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I'm thinking of selling my surplus eggs. What do ya'll think is a fair price for fresh eggs? Are there any laws that I need to watch out for? I'm not trying to run a business just trying to sell the surplus every once in awhile. Thanks for any advice!

Also yesterday I found 2 ,1 day old orphaned ducks, Muskogee,Muskovy (sp?) If anyone in the middleburg or keystone area is interested please PM me. Looking for a good home for them.

I'm thinking of selling my surplus eggs. What do ya'll think is a fair price for fresh eggs? Are there any laws that I need to watch out for? I'm not trying to run a business just trying to sell the surplus every once in awhile. Thanks for any advice!
$2-3 I think is a fair price. I've not run into any problems but I know there are laws and rules and such out there. I sell to friends and family, and have a sign at the end of the driveway that says "Eggs" (the chickens are on the front lawn during the day so people "get it"

I usually sell my eggs for $2.50 / Doz. A lady who was raising chickens sold them all and now buys eggs from me and gave me 2 coops, a couple of feeders and a bunch of new cartons. Since I'm using the cartons she gave me and my egg sales does slow down during the summer I've reduced my eggs to $2.00 / Doz, but I have right now about 300 birds of different ages so not all are laying. I'm selling birds as I need to downsize. I had around 400 birds and the feed bill is almost killing me. I kind of let it get out of hand and hatched probably around 500 chicks but sold a lot of them. My incubator holds 324 eggs.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom