FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Palm Coast is north of Daytona Beach, just below St. Augustine :) And I'll still be on BYC, because I am GOING to have my chickens up there. I'm not able to take them because we may rent for a bit til our house here sells, and I don't want to have to worry about getting them a place built and winterized as soon as we get there. I'll have two kids to get started in a new school, and hubby starting a new job. :)

Hi Florida here are my pets:

He is my big boy (I'm going to miss that roos bc I have to sell it :/ too many roos)

My silkies, bow I'm looking for a HEN (white kr splash)

These beauties hatched today!!! :)

Is there anyone on here that is close to Palatka Florida that I could visit and see how you do your chicken and coop and ect.. I have a 14 foot travel trailer that I am going to gut and make a coop out of and build a 12 x 12 pen so they can play outside , I have a nice shady place and the camper has windows that can be opened for good ventilation.
Thanks
george

George if you don't find someone who lives near by. Google some chicken coop plans and make your modifications. I hope you got a great idea!!! Good luck!!

I will be wanting to get some bantam hens or pullets in march so I was just wondering who here in florida will have bantam cochins, bantam wyandottes, and bantam orpingtons:) thank you so much

I also have a quail hutch and 11 quail ( 4 to 8 weeks old) for sale. :) the hutch is heavy and still needs a set of doors put on the front so the protective wood outer doors can be open during the day. It is sturdy and has small nesting boxes built in, with double layered wire on all openings to keep predators out.

I AM soooo surprised right now! I set aside 4 eggs to be incubated and 3 out of 4 hatched!!!! They are the tiniest little chicks I've ever seen!!!

I have 15 eggs in my second incubator that are a week old. At candling they have shown 13 to be developing and 2 that are question marks [but I'll keep them in the entire time]

It was hard for me to even tell if these 4 were going to hatch or not because the eggs never moved and I never heard any peeps until the day they decided to hatch & it being my first hatch I figured I did everything under the sun wrong. One has a wobbly foot but I'll correct that myself in time. They are all eating/drinking well. :)

Back
Top Bottom