FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Omg where are you I need like 3. And no I'm not joking!

Ok! PM me. I still have my patterns!

Material plus at least times 2 for labor, so 3 times material.

Yeah,
the problem is I really have to put some time into them. The material comes to about $200.
I was thinking I should charge somewhere around $500. If i did that i would be making exactly 5$ an hour after my materials cost. In order to go 3 X material costs would be better, giving me $6.66 an hour for my effort.
However, I doubt they'd sell for $600.

awesome job.. what wood did you use for the ends?

also, is there a flap at the back to open it and put the feed in and out?

I have one similar but it is nowhere near as nice and well made as yours.. I love it..

it looks like a perfect size for chick starter pens..
Thanks for the compliments!

I never got around to putting in a back hatch for the feed. The hen house floor is hinged though. When you're ready to wheel the coop to another area, you just move the latch and the bottom drops down, spilling out the pine shavings and poop to fertilize your lawn.

I used pressure treated lumber mostly, and the big red pieces are painted plywood. This 4 x 8 pen is supposed to be able to house 6 adult hens, but I only have put in 5 at the most.

If you ever go to argentina and get barbecue, you will find that most of their chickens must be starving because i have seen every part of the cow on the grill, even what the call the tripa gourda (sp)
Those poor chickens, oh wait what do they have the chickens for?!
hide.gif

Lol sorry I just didn't know if they made uou sick! Haha. You can cook up all the ofal. Heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, tripe, etc. Have whoever is butchering it for you grind them up and then just cook everything for your chickens.
Oh yes the idea of eating all that stuff makes me queezy, guess we are like the rest of America-wasteful, but if I ever got hungry enough though......
I only got the liver and kidneys and they are whole in a bag in my fridge. Boy I wish I would have thought to have him put through the grinder! Guess I can't bring it back tomorrow, I have to do something tomorrow and freeze it.

Rocky mountain oysters!
Not gonna work. Hog was a girl
lau.gif

How bout some hog head cheese.
droolin.gif
LOL Now that makes me sick
sickbyc.gif

I made one of my coops from a picture or two I've saw on the internet. Since then I've made a couple for a few friends. People keep telling me to make some more and take them to one of the monthly chicken swaps. Do you guys think that something like this would sell at one of those events? If so, how much should I charge?
(yeah it's 8 feet long)

Thanks for the help.

Nice job! I don't know what they are worth but they look alot sturdier than the prefab ones I found online for up to $400's. I could see a row of these on my property!

Those poor chickens, oh wait what do they have the chickens for?! :oops:

Oh yes the idea of eating all that stuff makes me queezy, guess we are like the rest of America-wasteful, but if I ever got hungry enough though......
I only got the liver and kidneys and they are whole in a bag in my fridge. Boy I wish I would have thought to have him put through the grinder! Guess I can't bring it back tomorrow, I have to do something tomorrow and freeze it.

Not gonna work. Hog was a girl :lau

LOL Now that makes me sick:sick

So don't freeze them. Just Sautee them and then you can chop them up very easily. Mm mm now I want some liver bad!

You could easily get $450 for these. My neighbor made two like this and got $450 for each.

Wow! Nice looking coop! I have looked and looked all over Craig's List for chicken coops, for a smaller one that I can move easily. I am moving in the next 10 weeks and need one for now that the little peeps can stay in temporarily until their larger coop can be built. The little peepers are now 5 weeks old....yep, I know, they might be laying before I that new coop built....but at least I would have something for them for now. They have outgrown their larger brooder and spend the day out in a temp 'baby corral" with a screened top for safety. Maybe your neighbor can come and build my new coop for me. I should be located in Spring Hill or Brooksville by the time it is all said and done.
I am handy with screws, nails, drill, circular saw, etc. I am awful at measuring and getting things to 'fit' right!
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom