FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
All of the mail that comes into Florida goes through Jacksonville. I don't know why the chicks wouldn't go to your local post office? In the past I have had hatchery chicks delivered to my post office and the post office calls when the chicks arrive. I have received all of my chicks is great condition. Maybe call your post office to let them know you are expecting some chicks. Good luck...

All of the mail that comes into Florida goes through Jacksonville. I don't know why the chicks wouldn't go to your local post office? In the past I have had hatchery chicks delivered to my post office and the post office calls when the chicks arrive. I have received all of my chicks is great condition. Maybe call your post office to let them know you are expecting some chicks. Good luck...
Oh, I know that. I don't want them to go to my local post office because it takes three days. The last batch of chicks we ordered we lost 32/46 with almost half DOA. I'd rather pick them up at the distribution center a day sooner and have chicks that are alive. :)

What I'm trying to figure out is how to get the information of the distribution center so that I can give the distribution center a call so that they are able to call me when they arrive so I can go pick them up. I'm only about 1.5 hours from Jacksonville, so it's worth it for me rather than loosing chicks. :(

Incubation/hatching trouble shooting question...

I'm having a hatch right now, and about half (4 so far) the chicks are coming out(without assistance of any kind) with their yolk sacks from partially to completely un absorbed. I'm thinking its a incubator temperature issue. Thermometer has read right at 100 degrees, its a good digital one too. Humidity was at 35% for first 18 days, then increased to 76% for lock down.

Comments suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Incubation/hatching trouble shooting question...

I'm having a hatch right now, and about half (4 so far) the chicks are coming out(without assistance of any kind) with their yolk sacks from partially to completely un absorbed. I'm thinking its a incubator temperature issue. Thermometer has read right at 100 degrees, its a good digital one too. Humidity was at 35% for first 18 days, then increased to 76% for lock down.

Comments suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Another thought; does chicken breed make a difference in temps needed? This is a different breed than my last hatch in this incubator, that was on the same settings, that went really well last time.

Or could a particular batch of eggs have poor results? If the eggs were less fresh at time of incubation?

As you can tell I'm wracking my brain looking for a reason/solution....

Ajduncan - I know that temps absolutely do affect the chicks as to the absorption of the yolk, but unfortunately that isn't something i have a good enough knowledge base ot help you out, sorry.

OK - Looks like i will be listing my Welsh harlequin breeding pair and their 3 (Hatched this weekend) ducklings for sale. Let me know if anyone here has an interest. I'm also listing a 3.5 week old dark brahma - no idea if it's a pullet or roo yet.

Redbird - The lavender Easter egger is still debatable on being pullet/roo - another week and I should know. It's head is feathering out grey. Couldn't have asked for anything better!!!

Hello new to BYC we live in sumterville fl, I have had chickens before and a recent trip to rural king has gotten my soon to be 4 yr old son (he turns 4 on the 26th) excited about chickens I have thought about the day olds but they take so long to raise. I have already gotten the coop mostly done with the exception of roosts and a run. So my question is,,,, is anyone thinning out their flock and willing to give a few chickens to a little boy? I'm willing to buy them also but there seems to be an abundance of chickens needing new homes. I hope I am not insulting anyone by asking for free chickens.
1f601.png

Is anyone here going to be at the Boomtown Festival in Dunnellon this weekend? We've never been before but DH is working at one of the vendor booths for his boss so I thought I'd go along and check out the festival. Might be fun to say hi to another BYC member!

@sumterflfreed , hello and welcome to BYC! Nice to have you join us
frow.gif

Is anyone here going to be at the Boomtown Festival in Dunnellon this weekend? We've never been before but DH is working at one of the vendor booths for his boss so I thought I'd go along and check out the festival. Might be fun to say hi to another BYC member!

@sumterflfreed , hello and welcome to BYC! Nice to have you join us
frow.gif
Haven't planned on it even though I live near Dunnellon. My address is Dunnellon but I live in Citrus County. Have fun. We have a monthly Farm Swap at the Dunnellon Tractor Supply Company the 2nd Saturday Monthly.

Back
Top Bottom