FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I had gotten some RIR birds several years ago at a show from a fellow who told me they were the Reese line. The only problem I had with them is their backs were too narrow especially towards the tail. I did sell them  all and then got birds from Matt. I am very happy with them. Each year I get a new cockerel from him to put with some of my breeder girls. I am picking and choosing which females go with which males. I may never have exactly what Matt has but each year my birds get better and better. I sent Bob a picture of a chick I thought looked great and Bob told me to name him Hollywood because he thought the chick had very good potential and the things he liked about him. Sadly Hollywood was killed by a predator. My pens and coops were pretty predator proof much more now. I haven't lost a bird to a predator in a very long time. I respected Bobs opinions. I read a story about a very nice bird Bob once had and he had named him Hollywood. :jumpy

Super cool.
It is crazy what the big hatcheries are selling as "RIR"

She would run to me to be held every time I came out. She was one of my favs

Awe thats so sad , thats what worries me too i have a little golden lace hen she comes running to me when i call her and im terrified that something is going to happen to her , i have had few panic moments when i didnt see her in the main area of the coop ,its really terrible that u lost ur baby she was very beautiful one

Awe thats so sad , thats what worries me too i have a little golden lace hen she comes running to me when i call her and im terrified that something is going to happen to her , i have had few panic moments when i didnt see her in the main area of the coop ,its really terrible that u lost ur baby she was very beautiful one

Thank you. Im not sure if I will ever be able to raise polish again. I get too attached to them

I think I'm officially addicted!! We went to get ducks for my hubby from the guys we get our EEs from and he had a TON of little guys that are 11 days old!! I'm so happy!! I am always wanting more!! I feel like we can never have enough!!

I don't know, but my chicken math is getting larger in numbers. It's like an addiction. I just can't stop incubating.

Quote:
Last year 3 of my birds took champions at some shows so I guess I must be doing something right. I will keep trying. I like to kid with Matt that I want to beat him because my birds are related to his birds and he usually takes show champion.

Back
Top Bottom