FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Help Please! ANYONE! I posted to get information for help with a SICK chicken, but no response on the Emergency Forum.
Would someone go look and give some response? I Don t know how to post a link. There is another person who has gotten no resonse ahead of me as well. I hope it isn't serious.
Thank y'all!

I don't know where your post is. Right click on the post #???? in the upper right side of the post and select "Copy Link Location" then you can go to any forum and paste the link. To paste the link, go to where you want to post at and again Right click and then select "Paste"

Last edited:
I don't know where your post is. [COLOR=FF0000]Right click[/COLOR] on the [COLOR=0000FF]post  #????[/COLOR] in the upper right side of the post and select [COLOR=0000FF]"Copy Link Location"[/COLOR] then you can go to any forum and paste the link. To paste the link, go to where you want to post at and again [COLOR=FF0000]Right click[/COLOR] and then select [COLOR=0000FF]"Paste"[/COLOR]

Thank you. I'll try!
1f339.png

Hey Florida Friends,

I met a really nice lady here in Volusia County at a "chicken party" a few weeks back, and she is bringing me 18 Serama eggs today or tomorrow.
Well, needless to say, chickens and chicken math has hit me hard, and I bought an incubator. I bought the Hovabator Genesis 1588 with turner, and it has been running for two days. The temp is at 99.8, and the humidity (filling the troughs based on the instructions) is at 63%!!
From what I've read, this is way to high for setting eggs. I tried emptying the larger trough and filling a smaller one, but the humidity only dropped a percent or two. So now I emptied the troughs completely, and am waiting to see how it stabilizes.
(In the meantime, I purchased a standalone thermometer/humidifier which is being delivered Monday)

Is the humidity just so high bc:
-we live in Florida?
-there are no eggs in the incubator?
-a combo of these things?!?

Please help! I'm new to incubating and don't want to mess this up!

Thanks for any and all input,
Danielle

PS As I am only looking to keep one or two of them, Seramas available in a few weeks if all goes well, lol!
Hovabator Genesis 1588 incubator is a very nice styrofoam incubator. Here is a thread for the Little Giant but most of the information is good for all incubators. Your temperature is great. Just need to get the humidity down. Don't worry too much since it has only been a couple of days. You could actually take the turner out and empty the water out. Just remember if you let one of your broody hen incubate, she will get off her nest usually around 20 minutes every day to eat, drink and poop. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/601352/little-giant-incubator-tricks

The little chick in the feed dish is a little Serama I hatched out along with a few others.There is another Serama chick looking at the chick in the feed dish.

Last edited:
Hey Florida Friends,

I met a really nice lady here in Volusia County at a "chicken party" a few weeks back, and she is bringing me 18 Serama eggs today or tomorrow.
Well, needless to say, chickens and chicken math has hit me hard, and I bought an incubator. I bought the Hovabator Genesis 1588 with turner, and it has been running for two days. The temp is at 99.8, and the humidity (filling the troughs based on the instructions) is at 63%!!
From what I've read, this is way to high for setting eggs. I tried emptying the larger trough and filling a smaller one, but the humidity only dropped a percent or two. So now I emptied the troughs completely, and am waiting to see how it stabilizes. 
(In the meantime, I purchased a standalone thermometer/humidifier which is being delivered Monday)

-we live in Florida?

Danielle

PS As I am only looking to keep one or two of them, Seramas available in a few weeks if all goes well, lol!

Bamadude and I use the gqf hova 1588 here in southeast Alabama. We do not put a drop of water in until day 19. Totally dry until then. We have awesome hatches even with shipped eggs. We will soon pass egg number 1000 hatched from this bator. We have never ever even touched the temp adjust buttons. These bators are factory set for perfect.
I suggest total dry until day 19. Take out the turner and add 1 pint of water to the channels. Do not open the top until the end of day 22.

Hey Florida Friends,

-we live in Florida?

Danielle

I am also in Florida near Jacksonville. I use NO water til lockdown to get the humidity down to what I need it to be.

Back
Top Bottom