FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I am in central Florida. I am having a terrible time trying to find somebody that wants my silkie roos to keep as pets.

I have two that was sold to me as a pair but both ended up being boys. I mean looking for girls for them. I also am having a hard time.

Quote:
Are there any swap meets near you. Maybe you could take them to a swap. I host a couple every month and often times there are people who breed Silkies that will bring some for sale. Most of the people are regulars and have good stock that come to our swaps. Sometimes some people will bring birds I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole. We have been doing this for quite a few years now so we know a lot of the people that come. There is a Silkie breeder that will be attending our Tractor Supply Farm Swap next Saturday. He comes up from New Port Richey, FL. Not sure if he will bring any Silkies but he usually does. He has very nice birds.

These are our swaps. Maybe you could start one in your area.

Last edited:
There is also a Swap Meet at 1776 Lightfoot Lane in Barberville, FL on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month 7am til noon

http://farmswapmarket.com/Default.aspx
Quote: Carlena, if I haven't yet
welcome-byc.gif
and the Florida thread.

I haven't been to Barberville for around 3 years. I have sold birds there and have sold them before I got them out of my vehicle. There are a lot of different people there. I think the people that bought my large fowl Rhode Island Reds birds was to eat them (I took over several cockerels). A woman that bought my Rhode Island Whites (cockerels and pullets) wanted to breed them. Whatever you decide good luck and have fun.

Here are my new girls. We got them from a friend who will be moving out of state. I was only going to get 4 but the white one was being picked on by the Roos so she came with us too. They are sleeping in their brand new coop now. Any thoughts on what breeds they are? Hart see in the pictures but we have two gray and white speckled ones, a black one, a red and the white "bear back" one :). I'm nervous but hope they settle in quickly.

Here are my new girls. We got them from a friend who will be moving out of state. I was only going to get 4 but the white one was being picked on by the Roos so she came with us too. They are sleeping in their brand new coop now. Any thoughts on what breeds they are? Hart see in the pictures but we have two gray and white speckled ones, a black one, a red and the white "bear back" one
smile.png
. I'm nervous but hope they settle in quickly.
It looks like from the picture, the white bird could be a Delaware, the 2 speckled grays look like Barred Rocks, The light red Red is difficult and probably a hatchery New Hampshire Red maybe. It is kind of hard to tell and same with the black bird, maybe barnyards. Can you get better pictures of them? From the pictures they look like they have settled in. If they're not laying, a move can affect that and it could take awhile before they start laying again.

It looks like from the picture, the white bird could be a Delaware, the 2 speckled grays look like Barred Rocks, The light red Red is difficult and probably a hatchery New Hampshire Red maybe. It is kind of hard to tell and same with the black bird, maybe barnyards. Can you get better pictures of them? From the pictures they look like they have settled in. If they're not laying, a move can affect that and it could take awhile before they start laying again.
I was thinking Australorp for the black one but had the exact same guesses for the rest
1f601.png
. I will be taking better pictures this weekend for sure. We had to catch them to put them to bed last evening so I'm hoping they'll do better tonight. Poor things to get caught twice in a day, they got stressed out. No eggs yet, but I'm thinking they need a little time to catch their breath.

Back
Top Bottom