FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Aww, I had a silkie/banty mix named Penny who was deformed at birth - he lived over a year, was my special little boy.  I named my silkies after coins, I had Nickle, Dime, Penny; Sable, the black Bantam with multicolored tail feathers was the Rooster and Silkie, the most beautiful white silkie I had ever seen, was the mother - and she was taken by a hawk oh what a terrible day - I raised the chicks practically in my lap.  Maybe you can put your little guy in a cat carrier and baby him along?  

Awe, I'm sorry the hawk got him, yea I got them inside in my brooder box , the chicks that are in with my broody are way bigger than these three so I'll keep them inside till they are bigger, I'm just hoping I got his little feet done up right

Quote:
One of my neighbors who has goats is always loosing them to especially coyotes. He see the coyotes but leave the goats out in their pasture 24/7/365. Many of the other neighbors kid with him and tell him he is feeding the coyotes. They know there is an easy meal there. Another neighbor that has goats puts hers in their stalls at night. They go in great but they are used to going in at night.

Several years ago we raised Ringneck Pheasants.
This was my special fellow. All of the Pheasants have disappeared. That was his perch every morning.

Awe, I'm sorry the hawk got him, yea I got them inside in my brooder box , the chicks that are in with my broody are way bigger than these three so I'll keep them inside till they are bigger, I'm just hoping I got his little feet done up right
I do not know about taping chickens but I am a master horse-wrapper! Is there anyone out there in backyard chicken land that may have experience? I know how it is to worry. : (

One of my neighbors who has goats is always loosing them to especially coyotes. He see the coyotes but leave the goats out in their pasture 24/7/365. Many of the other neighbors kid with him and tell him he is feeding the coyotes. They know there is an easy meal there. Another neighbor that has goats puts hers in their stalls at night. They go in great but they are used to going in at night.

Several years ago we raised Ringneck Pheasants.
This was my special fellow. All of the Pheasants have disappeared. That was his perch every morning.
Absolutely beautiful. I am sorry they disappeared. : ( I love the noise they make. We had wild pheasants out back while I was growing up and I think they are beautiful birds. Some day!

My Three first chicks are in the big chicken coop for the first night and a storm is rolling in! I'm so stinking nervous!

Relax, I'm sure they are ok. They will have to get used to it eventually. We are going into the dry part of the season but before you know it the summer rains will start with the thunder and lightening.

I do not know about taping chickens but I am a master horse-wrapper!  Is there anyone out there in backyard chicken land that may have experience?  I know how it is to worry.  : (

I used a cardboard cutout of little chickie feet, then i used butterfly bandage strips to hold his toes in place then i placed a bandaid around the whole thing to help keep his feet flat on the cutout

Back
Top Bottom