FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Sooooooooooooo cute!!!
Yea had to think of something like the kiddie pool because watching Jeanie ( the chicken yard boss ) stand in the drinking bowls was...well....

GROSS!! SO NOT CUTE!
Seriously, Jeanie that's drinking water! Everyone loves getting dunked...and their ( OK whats the consensus? is it underarms? Underwings? ) wetted up.
How deep do you put them in the water? I didn't know if it should only be to the top of their legs or higher. I wonder, if mine would like it?
Think...BATH TIME MADNESS! WooHoo get the rubber duckies! They'll enjoy it. I was amazed how our 1st batch of chickens took to baths. Long as you're calm and cooing them, they'll be calm and coo you right back. Have fun, have someone take pictures
lol.png

Quote:
In years past before I put the sprinklers up I had pans with water in them and the birds loved getting their feet wet. They may have drank some water from them but they like to drink out of puddles after a rain too even though they have their waterers.

So my bf and kids decided to put our bossy hen "Rawr" in the shower with me as a joke the other day.. They were all dying laughing.. then were amazed because Rawr apparently LOVES being in the shower, lol

In years past before I put the sprinklers up I had pans with water in them and the birds loved getting their feet wet. They may have drank some water from them but they like to drink out of puddles after a rain too even though they have their waterers.
My hen basically demand that I give them water to play in! Every time I walk past the hose which is right by their coop they start screaming and bagawking at me until I stick the hose in there and fill half the place up, then they just run around like kids at a water park splashing and having fun
gig.gif
It's so fun to watch!

Just a reminder of our area Farm Swaps. Local People getting together. Fun for the whole family. If you are just thinking about chickens or small livestock or already have an established flock, then you won't want to miss these events. Come join us for a day of talking, swapping and selling poultry and small livestock. Swap stories and information. Have some chickens you need to re-home, maybe rabbits, goats, a calf, pigs, Turkeys, geese, ducks, horses, used tack, eating eggs or hatching eggs to sell? How about some pieces of old farm equipment, a small tractor, harrow or what have you. Maybe you have plants and trees. What are you going to do? Bring it on down to the Farm Swaps. We suggest vendors bring either a canopy or umbrella, there are some shaded areas, some open areas. These are farm swaps only so we ask that there are no flea market or garage sale items. Tell your neighbors, tell your friends, heck we don't care if you tell your enemies. Meet us for a beautiful day of buying, selling or swapping your farm related wares. As Always, No Fees! Come join us for our Monthly Farm Swaps.

I am sooooooooooooo happy!!!!! My last hen has finally started laying eggs. She is a Cuckoo Maran and they take up to 8 months to start laying. She took 7 months and 15 days. Today we went out to the coop and found 7 eggs and I have 7 hens. I was so happy and gave all the chickens peaches, blueberries and tomatoes. Everyone was running around and eating as fast as they could. I am able to keep the mosquitoes and flies away, but can't find anything for the no-see-um bugs. I have spray that I can use, but I was hoping an herb plant would do the trick. Rosemary and mint helps with flies and mosquitoes. I planted those a couple of weeks ago and they are really helping.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom