FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

The Dunnellon Tractor Supply Co., is happy that the swaps are back on. Apparently the store has been getting a lot of calls so since we found out that we fall under agricultural essential services we are good. Everyone is welcome. Just some and set up if you have anything farm related to sell. Since we have started the swaps we have been having great attendance. Lots of buyers and sellers.
IMG_20181208_093405.jpg
IMG_20190112_110315.jpg

Hey guys, I’ve been hoping to buy a partridge Cochin pullet or hen, whichever, and 2 or 3 splash silkie pullets or hens somewhere in Florida. I’m located in the south but will be driving up to central on the 22nd.

Let me know if you have anything, thank you.

I’m nearing the end of my first hatch. I started with 23 eggs and am down to 5-6. I’ve had four hatch. One died a day later, and one just vanished yesterday, after about 4-5 days. From candling, it looks like the majority of the eggs should have hatched. But I keep going in to find eggs half eaten with a thick membrane hanging out. My concern is that with the weather in Florida, one being so hot, but two the constant humidity changes, especially right now, that it’s messing with the eggs (were hatching under 2 broodies.) Today is day 26 and I really think we’re going to lose the last of them and walk out of this with only 2 little chicks. Anyone else in Florida have success Without using an incubator?
Note- ended hatch with 2 live and 9 dead either shortly after hatch or didn’t make it quite to hatching but should have.

Does anyone here in Florida have the LIMITED POULTRY AND EGG OPERATION permit? Just trying to get some tips and/or advice for the inspection. I've read where you can use like a bin for the sanitization part (three part sink) if you only have two compartments and the other question was what cleaning solution do you use? Thank so much.

Hello everyone, I am located in palm beach county and I'm thinking of starting a small scale quail egg selling project. After doing some research on the laws around the sale of eggs in Florida I discovered that there is a lot of confusing information. I am thinking of selling them to friends/family as well as farmer markets and the public, but all the information I am coming across is based on chicken eggs (packaging, grading, and permits..etch) if someone has the experience and knows what I should be doing within the law for that to be possible. thank you for your time, Mateo

Hello everyone, I am located in palm beach county and I'm thinking of starting a small scale quail egg selling project. After doing some research on the laws around the sale of eggs in Florida I discovered that there is a lot of confusing information. I am thinking of selling them to friends/family as well as farmer markets and the public, but all the information I am coming across is based on chicken eggs (packaging, grading, and permits..etch) if someone has the experience and knows what I should be doing within the law for that to be possible. thank you for your time, Mateo
I think it pretty much falls into the same category as what is stated, we have our inspection on Tuesday, I can keep you updated with what's needed and everything if you would like. You can shoot me an email if you want [email protected], I can give you the contact information for the lady I spoke too.

I think it pretty much falls into the same category as what is stated, we have our inspection on Tuesday, I can keep you updated with what's needed and everything if you would like. You can shoot me an email if you want [email protected], I can give you the contact information for the lady I spoke too.

Thank you so much :) I'm just a little confused because I read somewhere that quail fall under the game bird category and therefore not restricted to the extent of chicken and other poultry, do you know if they count quail in the bill/permit?

Back
Top Bottom