FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

No, its just south of me, just next to Ft. Lauderdale!
thumbsup.gif
Hi, do you raise ducks or chickens?

To sell fertile eggs out of the state you have to get a NPIP permit but to sell them in the state you don't.
You are correct. NPIP (National Poultry Improvement Plan) is required to sell hatching eggs out of state. I have shipped eggs from Florida to Washington State, California, Idaho and several other states. I have attempted to send some eggs to Canada. I gave that up. Too much involved so now it's only USA.
For anyone interested in NPIP,
https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ou...ide/Poultry/National-Poultry-Improvement-Plan

Hello everyone! I’m in the Yulee area, close to the Georgia border. 😄
Welcome to BYC. I used to live in Kingsland, Ga., but now live in Glen St Mary, Fla.
I've been through Yulee many times. I suppose they still dont have A1A completed going to Fernandina? What a mess to drive through!
You have a good looking rooster, but I thought Wyandotte's had rose combs, am I mistaken?
I currently have 4 Blue Wyandotte's, my first ever Wyandotte's and the rooster has a rose comb.

Welcome to BYC. I used to live in Kingsland, Ga., but now live in Glen St Mary, Fla.
I've been through Yulee many times. I suppose they still dont have A1A completed going to Fernandina? What a mess to drive through!
You have a good looking rooster, but I thought Wyandotte's had rose combs, am I mistaken?
I currently have 4 Blue Wyandotte's, my first ever Wyandotte's and the rooster has a rose comb.
Haha, you’re right about A1A!! It’s still “a work in progress”.
you know, I’m not too sure about wydonettes. This is my first one and his combs is more red then pink. He’s huge too! That was the name listed when I bought him but I guess there’s a chance he was misidentified? Thank you for your response!

I got my Wyandottes as chicks at a local Tractor Supply in Macclenny. They were supposed to be Blue Laced Red Wyandotte's. Since these were my first Wyandotte's, I didnt know any better. I really dont care honestly, they are a good group of birds.

My first thought when I saw your photo, I thought maybe your roo might be a White Plymouth Rock. However, since you said he's huge and only 5 months old, I suspect he's a meat bird aka a White Cornish Cross. I've seen them for sale at our local TSC as well. Even as chicks, they looked bigger than a normal standard size chick at less than 7 days old.

Back
Top Bottom