FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

:welcome :frow From Dunnellon here (Ocala area). If you ever get over in our area on one of our swap days, stop by and say hi. Lots of chicken friendly people here. We have a swap going on tomorrow. Good luck and have fun...
Coronavirus.jpg

Just a hello as I am new here. I live in Duval county (Jacksonville) on the very NW side. I'm here ready to learn and assist if I can. I got the bug and now love my birds. Always looking for more and always creative things that come with the hobby (obsession). Anyone close feel free to get in contact if you like. I always like to meet or hear from those who share interests. Look forward to jumping right in! Thanks!

Hi, and welcome! I'm new, too, and from just east of Gainesville. Have my first little flock of 8 7 week old chicks.. it's easy to see why people get hooked! They're funny creatures.

What breed(s) do you have?

Hi, and welcome! I'm new, too, and from just east of Gainesville. Have my first little flock of 8 7 week old chicks.. it's easy to see why people get hooked! They're funny creatures.

Hello and thank you! Its getting to the point of what breeds don't I have lol.
Turken (faves yes oddly)
Several link based breeds
Australorp
Rhode Island Red
White Leghorn
Cream Legbar
Buff Orpington
Lavender Orpington
Brahma
Black Jersey Giant
Americuna
Speckled Sussex
Marans (a few breeds)
and more several more.... including a hefty feed bill lol.

I enjoy it though. Keeps me busy, content, and love just watching the personalities come out. I also have 1 royal palm and 1 blue slate turkey. It started with a few then a few more and then it was like the gremlins... lol December I am adding a 50'x100' run for them in addition to what they already have. possibly 50'x150'. At this point its watching 3 red heelers run themselves tired as the chickens don't care anymore. theres a 6' fence between the run and the dogs with about 25' between. Still hilarious. :lol:

My pens total 200' x 60'. I have it separated into smaller pens that I use for breeding. I did cover all of the pens with good heavy duty netting to protect the birds from aerial predators. Many years ago I planted trees in all of the pens. I also have shade/rain tables in all of the pens. Good luck and have fun...
IMG_20180503_094047.jpg
IMG_20181202_133518.jpg

Hello there! We're from Fort Pierce (Saint lucie/Indian River County border). New to this flock raising thing. I'm not quite sure why it took me so long to find this thread!

We've got 26 chickens and 5 ducks. We've had a couple losses but not many.

Original flock 13 now - almost 7 months old all laying
(4) white leghorn
(4) barred rock
(5) red sexlinks

2nd flock 13 now - almost 5 months old 1 is laying more to come soon😁
(5) ameraucanas (I'm starting to believe they're Easter eggers... but I'm good with that)
(4) silver laced wyandottes
(4) black australorps

Our ducks... we had 1 original Pekin and added more and lost some. We have 6 now. I'm not sure who's laying we had up to 4 eggs recently.
1 pekin
2 buffs
2 gold star hybrid
1 rouen

Glad to be here! Love all the info and would be great to see who's close!

Attachments

• 20200909_143824.jpg
    20200909_143824.jpg
    718.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200929_134435.jpg
    20200929_134435.jpg
    991.2 KB · Views: 5
Just a hello as I am new here. I live in Duval county (Jacksonville) on the very NW side. I'm here ready to learn and assist if I can. I got the bug and now love my birds. Always looking for more and always creative things that come with the hobby (obsession). Anyone close feel free to get in contact if you like. I always like to meet or hear from those who share interests. Look forward to jumping right in! Thanks!

Howdy to you both. I'm between you in Fort White. My flocks include:
Araucana
Cream Legbar
Silverudd's Blue (aka Isbar)
Welsummer
Orpingtons
and a few up and coming flocks, I'm not quite sure of yet...
Black Copper Marans
Blue Double-Laced Barnevelder

Hello and thank you! Its getting to the point of what breeds don't I have lol.
Turken (faves yes oddly)
Several link based breeds
Australorp
Rhode Island Red
White Leghorn
Cream Legbar
Buff Orpington
Lavender Orpington
Brahma
Black Jersey Giant
Americuna
Speckled Sussex
Marans (a few breeds)
and more several more.... including a hefty feed bill lol.

I enjoy it though. Keeps me busy, content, and love just watching the personalities come out. I also have 1 royal palm and 1 blue slate turkey. It started with a few then a few more and then it was like the gremlins... lol December I am adding a 50'x100' run for them in addition to what they already have. possibly 50'x150'. At this point its watching 3 red heelers run themselves tired as the chickens don't care anymore. theres a 6' fence between the run and the dogs with about 25' between. Still hilarious. :lol:

Wow, that's quite a flock!! Love it! Do you have a favorite breed out of all of those guys yet?

How are the turkeys? I must admit I've been afraid of poultry since I was a little kid because of a couple nasty turkeys! But now that I'm not scared of chickens anymore (haha!), maybe turkeys aren't so bad?

Sounds like they're going to have quite a palace of a run! That's totally awesome.

Howdy to you both. I'm between you in Fort White. My flocks include:
Araucana
Cream Legbar
Silverudd's Blue (aka Isbar)
Welsummer
Orpingtons
and a few up and coming flocks, I'm not quite sure of yet...
Black Copper Marans
Blue Double-Laced Barnevelder

Hello! You have several breeds I've been drooling over! Do you have a thread where you've shared pictures of any of your 'kids'? I'd love to see!

Hello! You have several breeds I've been drooling over! Do you have a thread where you've shared pictures of any of your 'kids'? I'd love to see!
Hi, I don't have a thread. Recently figured out my iPhone was saving photos in a weird format which explained why I couldn't upload photos but here are some since I discovered what was going on.
Three of my Silverudd's Blue (Isbar). I have another splash and another blue almost at point of lay. These two hens are laying daily and I love the olive eggs with purple speckles.
A71A80F3-8D42-44B5-9600-29E707C512FF.jpeg

My CL roo is Jill Rees line.
6205B73F-F9CE-47B3-BDA8-EE08A340A7A6.jpeg

Two of the CL hens. The grayer one is a production line which I prefer. They both lay a lot of blue eggs but the production line eggs are larger.
671D9E74-2943-4ECF-BC65-CDF828BFD063.jpeg

Araucana cockerel. A stunning boy, I love to admire. He changes color weekly. Soemone mentioned in a post he may be a blue wheaten .
187E2D48-D4A4-466E-9F79-8648AAFB6B2E.jpeg

Welsummer hen
5FE97E0D-DE4B-40FE-A0CE-A8680B60902C.jpeg

Wow, great pics! They're all gorgeous, but I especially love those Silverudds Blues. 😍 Do you have a favorite of the breeds?

I only have Easter Eggers and Silver Laced Wyandottes, but it's amazing how different their personalities are. The SLWs are a little reserved but super-sweet, and the EEs are outgoing and very curious. They're all only 8 weeks old (tomorrow, Happy Birthday, babies!), so I don't have much else to go on yet. ☺️

Back
Top Bottom