FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I'm in Jacksonville! My boss hen was just attacked by a raccoon. My dog got its leg but it got away. She's got the two wounds where it grabbed her by the back to try to get away. Pic for detail. Can she make it? Is it more humane to just euth? Of course she's the fav & loves our 2yrs old
20201123_052605.jpg

I'm in Jacksonville! My boss hen was just attacked by a raccoon. My dog got its leg but it got away. She's got the two wounds where it grabbed her by the back to try to get away. Pic for detail. Can she make it? Is it more humane to just euth? Of course she's the fav & loves our 2yrs oldView attachment 2422006
If you post on The main page under emergencies and diseases you will get a reply within minutes!

I'm in Jacksonville! My boss hen was just attacked by a raccoon. My dog got its leg but it got away. She's got the two wounds where it grabbed her by the back to try to get away. Pic for detail. Can she make it? Is it more humane to just euth? Of course she's the fav & loves our 2yrs oldView attachment 2422006
you also might want to include picture from further away so we can see the wound relative to the size of your chicken... I’m so sorry that happened to her.

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can add me to Florida? I sent a pm to cmom & a BYC moderator several days ago... Maybe everyone is busy with holidays or am I doing something wrong... Thank you!

There appears to be some type of internal tissue in the photo. Also on the back are where air sacs are located. IMO I'm sorry to say it would be best to humanely cull her.

Citrus Springs, just below Dunnellon, 20 miles inland of the Gulf. Nice quiet small farm (5 acres) with goats and chickens and a new incubator in the mail.
Looking for some eggs to hatch, Orpingtons and Brahams. (hope spelling is right}
Just don't enjoy that stuff they sell in the stores so thought I'd try growing my own and see how they taste.
Have Sex Link and bantams but the eggs are scarce .

Citrus Springs, just below Dunnellon, 20 miles inland of the Gulf. Nice quiet small farm (5 acres) with goats and chickens and a new incubator in the mail.
Looking for some eggs to hatch, Orpingtons and Brahams. (hope spelling is right}
Just don't enjoy that stuff they sell in the stores so thought I'd try growing my own and see how they taste.
Wish I was a little closer I am at the FL/GA line and wish I had the breeds you are looking for. I only have Easter Egger and Barred Rock mixes and plenty on hand.

:welcome :frow You may be able to secure some eggs through people at our farm swap. There are people who raise them and bring them to the swaps. I'll be there with a TSC hat on.
Coronavirus.jpg

Hi I am new to this site and to having chickens. I am in West Palm Beach, the previous owner of this home I purchased left 6 chickens and 2 roosters. I can't handle the roosters they are too rambunctious. I am trying to find them a good home. My husband is disabled and I am worried he will be hurt by the roosters. Any help would be appreciated IMG_3739.JPG

Back
Top Bottom