FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I have a question about your 'cute emu' story, the bird with avian influenza who's being treated, apparently, and cuddled by his owner in pictures on national news. WHAT?
Any reasonable explanation?
Our chickens are inside, trying to keep them safe, and this is going on? Confused...
Mary

I have a question about your 'cute emu' story, the bird with avian influenza who's being treated, apparently, and cuddled by his owner in pictures on national news. WHAT?
Any reasonable explanation?
Our chickens are inside, trying to keep them safe, and this is going on? Confused...
Mary

“Your” meaning Floridians? I never heard of the emu until I googled “emu with avian flu” just now.

Can’t say I have any insight into the psychology of the owner. If they’re like me, they may see bird flu is as inevitable as a hurricane. You just flow with it instead of fighting against it. Florida is a major hub for wild migratory birds. Florida also has hundreds of feral gamefowl and game-cross flocks scattered all over the state. Some of the flocks are centuries old. If they can survive whatever nature throws at them, then its up to my poultry to do the same. The weak shall perish and the strong shall flourish. That’s the name of the game if you’re either an animal or a human living off the land in Florida.

Hi! I’m looking for silkie hens, ideally already laying to be certain they are hens. I started with 8 chicks and 4 are roos. I’d like to increase my female to male ratio because I don’t want to rehome our roos. Please let me know if anyone has any they are selling. Willing to travel all over Florida but located in the southeast. Thanks!

Hola everyone, I haven't been here since covid but I've got you all in my heart.
I still have my beautiful chicken.
Looking to get into Cornish; any comments or opinions?
It's great to be back.
What kind regular cornishes or bantams I have a bantam she hardly lays eggs but I love my dumpy baby

I have two Olive Egger pullets available in Ocala. 6 months old, wheaten colored, pea combs. Moms are Isabel Ameraucana with truly blue eggs, and the father a BCM from a breeder with very dark eggs. So, I expect when the girls get laying, they will be quite olive.
$25 each.

In Ocala, FL. I have available some 2-month-old Mosaics.
One Cockerel can come with one or two Pullets.
This line is reasonably consistent with BLUE ears and skin. Like Silkies, their ears color in at maturity. Their skin is already blue from hatch.
I got them from a good breeder in Louisiana and came home with more chicks than we needed. Some cute colors and they are very robust, friendly birds.

Back
Top Bottom