FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
I keep mine on the counter, they don't need to be refrigerated
gives me room to put my milk in now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow i'm so milksited got 2 gals today and already had 2 glasses of it and i'm not a milk drinker.

first thing I did was pour out my store bought milk, and got me some glass milk jugs and the COFFEE oh my goodness the coffee no more creamer for me

I'm sorry I'll shut up now, too exited
duc.gif

Lol!! I may have to drive up there to get me some fresh milk
wink.png

That makes 2 of us

I'm pretty sure there are other people with milking cows closer than me, but if you happen to be in my neighborhood stop by
big_smile.png

I'm going to milk her at 7 am tomorrow
wink.png

This is from Mercola's site:

To Refrigerate or Not to Refrigerate

Despite what you've heard, eggs that are fresh and have an intact cuticle do not need to be refrigerated, as long as you are going to consume them within a relatively short period of time.

In other countries, including most of Europe, eggs are frequently not refrigerated.

In the U.S., refrigeration of eggs became the cultural norm when mass production caused eggs to travel long distances and sit in storage for weeks to months before arriving at your superstore. The general lack of cleanliness of factory farms has increased the likelihood that your eggs have come into contact with pathogens, amplifying the need for disinfection and refrigeration.

Not only that, but as a culture, we are rather "germ phobic" here in the U.S., compared to other countries.

So, IF your eggs are very fresh, and IF their cuticle is intact, you do not have to refrigerate them. According to Hilary Thesmar, director of the American Egg Board's Egg Safety Center[vi]:

"The bottom line is shelf life. The shelf life for an unrefrigerated egg is 7 to 10 days and for refrigerated, it's 30 to 45 days. A good rule of thumb is one day at room temperature is equal to one week under refrigeration."

Eggs purchased from grocery stores are typically already three weeks old, or older. USDA certified eggs must have a pack date on the carton, and a sell-by date. Realize that the eggs were often laid many days prior to the pack date.

( http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...o-buy-organic-eggs-at-the-grocery-store-.aspx )

----

& back to the milk, YES, Nava.... I can not go back to just having regular milk in coffee- it's gross. I french press, too... so to me, Starbucks is gross. Raw milk in coffee is so delish! Raw cream in coffee... well if it wasn't so expensive I'd do that! Just wait til you skim it & whip it. OMG heaven!

Another one of my FAVORITE things to do with raw milk is to leave about a half gallon out on the counter for 2-3 days in a covered, glass bowl. Let the "curds & whey" seperate. Strain it another day through a cheesecloth, letting the whey drip off. You can save the whey- it's great for making sauerkraut or anything else that might benefit from lacto-fermentation. Or you can just feed the whey to your various animals, great source of protein. Anyway, once the cheese has stopped dripping, stick it in the fridge in the ball it's in for a day. While you're waiting for it, make your favorite pie crust. I like graham cracker or something chocolate for this baby... On the next day, take it out of the fridge & stick it in a mixer (or get out your mixer) and mix till creamy- I also like to take my immersion blender to it b/c it tends to have hard little curd balls if I don't. Add sugar (anywhere from 1/2 to 1 1/2 cups, depending on your preference. I'm more of a 3/4 cup kinda girl myself, but I taste it from there & add what I see fit), a bit of vanilla, fold in about 8 oz melted & mostly cooled chocolate, cocoa powder to taste if it needs more chocolate, & then sour cream if I think it needs more creamyness. Taste this mixture, stick it in a pie shell, put it in the fridge, enjoy later that night.

My husband LOVES when I make that dessert b/c it's just got a certain tangy quality that makes the chocolate more interesting. I hope you do try it & enjoy.

http://www.cheeseslave.com/2009/05/01/how-to-make-whey/ (Curds & whey recipe)

Back
Top Bottom