FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hello~ I'm Cheese. I live in Tallahasse~ I had chickens before but, a fox got them :c I'm getting a coop soon, then hopefully getting a chicken or too~!

Here in Keystone Heights we have a few breeds for sale. White Orpington chicks (hatched Mar-29,2012) and hatching eggs. A very nice Black Minorca breeding pair (hatched Nov-15,2011). And lastly, 3 Juvie pairs of Marraduna Basque (EO) chickens (hatched Feb-7,2012). That's all for now since I turned the incubator off until the end of summer. It won't be long before I don't have any chicks under a heat lamp. Woot-woot!
yesss.gif

Hi I'm Andrea and I'm in Pinellas Park...I have had chickens for just over a year now, and am saddened to say I am as of today being forced to get rid of my chickens...(I have 6 hens- 2 RIRs, a GL Cochin, 2 silkies, and an olive egger), and one RIR rooster...I don't blame my neighbors for complaining, as we all know roosters (I became attached and couldn't find him a home that wouldn't eat him, so I kept him
sad.png
well, it's caught up to me, and though I thought I was allowed to have hens, the city says no...my ex is going to house my hens legally in St. Pete, so now I'm desperately trying again to find my 1yo RIR rooster, Big Red, a home (that won't eat him)...he's protective of his ladies, gets along with my lab, but hates and chases the cat...so if anyone is interested in adding him to their flock (i dont want to see him passed around from home to home, and isnt going to eat him (long shot, I know)) please let me know...sigh...
sad.png

I had no idea you couldnt have them in Pinellas Park. I do kow we can have them in Gulfport and St. Pete . I am trying to get hens but if anything turns out to be a rooster here I will have to place it or find another alternative. I don't even eat chicken myself ! Sorry you have to get rid of them .
Missie

Hi I'm Andrea and I'm in Pinellas Park...I have had chickens for just over a year now, and am saddened to say I am as of today being forced to get rid of my chickens...(I have 6 hens- 2 RIRs, a GL Cochin, 2 silkies, and an olive egger), and one RIR rooster...I don't blame my neighbors for complaining, as we all know roosters (I became attached and couldn't find him a home that wouldn't eat him, so I kept him
sad.png
well, it's caught up to me, and though I thought I was allowed to have hens, the city says no...my ex is going to house my hens legally in St. Pete, so now I'm desperately trying again to find my 1yo RIR rooster, Big Red, a home (that won't eat him)...he's protective of his ladies, gets along with my lab, but hates and chases the cat...so if anyone is interested in adding him to their flock (i dont want to see him passed around from home to home, and isnt going to eat him (long shot, I know)) please let me know...sigh...
sad.png

I am so sorry to hear this! I know you really love your chickens. I can't take him, but I hope you find him a home. FB maybe? https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/chickenswapofflorida/
and, it was good to "see" you again on here.

I have a friend looking for some Cochins. They have an autistic child that scares easily and I think the slow moving (relatively, compared to other breeds) Cochins would be perfect for them. They have done their chicken homework and will be looking for a group of chicks probably around June. Please PM me if you or someone you trust raises beautiful standard sized Cochins. No color preference, although they'd prob want more than one color as long as the chicks all come from the same place.

sad.png
sad.png

Oh, no! I'm so sorry you have to be parted! I hope your roo finds a home.
hugs.gif

welcome-byc.gif
Cheese!!!!

Hi I'm Andrea and I'm in Pinellas Park...I have had chickens for just over a year now, and am saddened to say I am as of today being forced to get rid of my chickens...(I have 6 hens- 2 RIRs, a GL Cochin, 2 silkies, and an olive egger), and one RIR rooster...I don't blame my neighbors for complaining, as we all know roosters (I became attached and couldn't find him a home that wouldn't eat him, so I kept him :( well, it's caught up to me, and though I thought I was allowed to have hens, the city says no...my ex is going to house my hens legally in St. Pete, so now I'm desperately trying again to find my 1yo RIR rooster, Big Red, a home (that won't eat him)...he's protective of his ladies, gets along with my lab, but hates and chases the cat...so if anyone is interested in adding him to their flock (i dont want to see him passed around from home to home, and isnt going to eat him (long shot, I know)) please let me know...sigh... :(

What did they tell you about the hens? They just passed the law that chickens are legal in unincoorporated Pinellas, which I'm pretty sure includes you. I can see being told to get rid of the rooster. I do know that if someone complains in St.Pete, they can make you get rid of them, but if they only complained about the rooster noise? Hmm. Sorry you are going through this.:)

Chics- I'm not unincorporated, I'm in the city's jurisdiction...I received the notice via mail, and it stated to remove all chickens (hens and roosters)...my girls are going over to my ex's house- he has spoke to the neighbors and they are fine with the hens but not a rooster...so the search continues for a home for him...I did find one shelter that is willing to take him and he can live amongst their farm animals, but they are in Okaloosa County (panhandle) and I'm in the Tampa Bay area...sigh

Back
Top Bottom