FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

@ snake- check hognose or any introduced adders +1.

@ chickenadventue- with daylight hawk- a large enough cooper's or red tailed or red shoulder hawk... also it may have been early enough for a coon or fox to be out still, how much sun do you have then? how heavy was the BR?

Alright, so I am mulling over the idea of free range only out of despair. These darn flies are driving my horses ( and me ) bonkers! I can't afford to buy a coop and I am not handy enough with a saw to make one even though I have plenty of wood laying around.
What are the biggests risks with free ranges, besides predators I mean? Is there a breed of chickens that prefer to stick close to their food and water possibly? I'd worry about annoying the neighbors
sad.png

Any advice is greatly welcomed
smile.png
All my chickens are free range after they get big enough to be outside but as long as there is a rooster around .As soon I get them I turn them loose in my yard and only chickens I have caged are my silkies cause they can't fly.But my chickens even get into the hog pen where I have 2 baby wild hogs and they all get along great.Good way for me to keep the coons & everything away from my chickens.
lau.gif
. I don't have a problem with my chickens leaving my yard feed them all the time so yes they do stay where the food is.But anyway Hi to all the new PEEPS &
welcome-byc.gif
.Sorry I haven't been on so much but work has me all tied up & tired then when I get home I feed my chickens & hogs and eat & I'm ready for bed.

Last edited:
@ snake- check hognose or any introduced adders +1.

@ chickenadventue- with daylight hawk- a large enough cooper's or red tailed or red shoulder hawk... also it may have been early enough for a coon or fox to be out still, how much sun do you have then? how heavy was the BR?

You guys arnt going to believe this but my bared rock came home! She wasnt taken by.a predator butshe did get out of the backyard somehow. Glad to have her back!E

Fla rocky I breed marans, lavender orpingtons, welsummers, bearded ameracuanas, crele old English show line. Some others pm me if interested

Back
Top Bottom