FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Eleven inches here! I'm taking a break from trying to drain the coops. The chickens are all high and dry and laughing at me while I'm a muddy mess!

dont know how many inches here but it hasnt stopped here yet Has been raining non stop since early saturday night and they say that this storm may come ashore somewhere in our county as I am 1 1/2 miles from the coast I dont see much chance of it stopping anytime soon. They showed the radar on our local news at noon and tomorrow looks worse than today so who knows how much we will get in total. Luckily for us sand doesnt flood but my birds dont like this at all. Our turkey poults didnt look to healthy this morning so I dosed them with tylan 50 hope that is ok trying to keep their coop as dry as I can everyone else is fine so far

\Just heard we have had over 14.75 inches of rain so far and its still raining. yet if you pull up Perry weather say they 75% chance of thunderstorms somebody shuld look out the window lol

Last edited:
I'm In Palm Beach county!!!
welcome-byc.gif
& welcome to the Florida thread !

We're all gonna be switching over to ducks here soon!!

welcome-byc.gif
to all our new folk.

This storm has been a lovely stress, I mean test, for hurricane season. I now know that I (DBF) need to move some fence in the chicken paddock to bring more high ground into their yard. Need to move the silky house and figure out where it's leaking from and fix it. I had to evacuate my sizzle broody and her 7 chicks last night from there, in the rain, because I was afraid the water would rise right in. It didn't but I slept better knowing they were in the high, dry, sturdy coop.

Back
Top Bottom