FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Another very disturbing and sad story concerning one of our veterans. Unbelievable he cannot get any assistance in his situation. Shame on whomever is ignoring his pleas for help! My son is a US Marine and I hear how they "really don't care about family and helping vets" ( his quote) and this is another instance that proves him right. What is wrong with our government ? Yet we help foreigners at the drop of a hat. Sorry, just had to vent....I live over 300 miles away and I pray they get some help soon !

I agree... Let an illegal come into the country and they can get all kinds of assistance and even in some places vote. I am a disabled vet also.

Last edited:
I went over to FuzzyButtsFarm and got an Australorp rooster from Ingrid.. He's a beauty. He has stick tight fleas, so he has been banned to the back yard. He is so lonely. I feel really bad for him. He has been great about treatment, and I am sure we will get close with all this extra attention. He is the first rooster ever to get a name right away. His name is Outback.

Stan, eat your heart out. He looks almost like the one I kept. The other 2 have a point that's not quite straight but other than that they look the same body wise.
Cindy, Actually he looks quite content. I wish I could say the same for the hens. 3 roos and 6 hens. A term comes to mind that is not suitable for a family forum.

I really need to rehome one. Any takers.

I have contacted the veterans assoc. SOmeone on facebook contacted the governors office. dont know if that will help either as you know how that goes office to office desk to desk. A very gracous lady in Jacksonville Ginger has a relative who works for the redcross she has given her all the information on Carl and she is going to try to get him help tomorrow. It is not her area but she will call the right people for Columbia county. When I spoke to Carl this morning he said he has lost over 145 birds and 5 dozen hatching eggs. Its a shame that this had to happen .
Warning to others they say have 3 days supplies on hand incase of an emergency well folks going on 11 days without help so prepare accordingly

I went over to FuzzyButtsFarm and got an Australorp rooster from Ingrid.. He's a beauty. He has stick tight fleas, so he has been banned to the back yard. He is so lonely. I feel really bad for him. He has been great about treatment, and I am sure we will get close with all this extra attention. He is the first rooster ever to get a name right away. His name is Outback.

Looks like you got a good one Cindy. Ingrid did a fine job of raising them, there are several that came out good. Maybe I need to look into taking her up on the rehomeing offer!! I think I have one that is a keeper if his tail would come on out. Seems to be the last thing to show itself. ........stan

I'm sure you know this, but I've read that it's important to treat with Neosporin (without cortizone!) after removing stick tight fleas.
hide.gif
Just had to mention.

Stan, eat your heart out. He looks almost like the one I kept. The other 2 have a point that's not quite straight but other than that they look the same body wise.
Cindy, Actually he looks quite content. I wish I could say the same for the hens. 3 roos and 6 hens. A term comes to mind that is not suitable for a family forum.

I really need to rehome one. Any takers.
Ingrid, I posted his picture on facebook, and there have been lots of ooos and ahs. I told folks that there are more available, so maybe you will get some takers. Stan, are yours younger? All of Ingrid's have great tails. They are great type. That U shape is the best I have seen locally. I sure hope these guys are going to make lots of chicks with all that action Ingrid. Have you checked for fertility yet?

Outback is getting lots of visitors, the roosters found him within 10 minutes of being let out to range and some of the girls are perching on his cage. He just seems really bored. He does have lots of chicken and geese TV, but it is not the same as being part of the show.

cindy

cindy

Anyone else having a mosquito plague since Debbie came to call?

This happened back in '04 too after the hurricanes. Don't usually have much of a problem with them here on the sand ridge but we do now! The dog didn't even resist when I put the mosquito repellant on him this morning. He just sat calmly and let me spray. He's a Pyrenees so they can't get him anywhere but his face, but without the Off there'd be a cloud over him.

This will pass in a few more days like it did the last time when the natural predators catch up, but in the interim it is sure making morning and evening chores a real chore. Fill feeders and waterers with one hand, wave off mosquitoes with the other!

Back
Top Bottom