FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

We have for sure, grey, splash, and lilac. If you want to visit we are open this Saturday, and the majority of the curlies graze out front on the weekends. Would be happy to go over how we feed, and pair birds up ect. Info is on our farm site (link below). Sad your friend had to sell, but YaY for you.

They dont have set prices for fall juveniles since we cant predict colors and quality ahead of time. Spring goslings have set prices because they are straight run and unknown quality. Fall sales are priced per bird or pair based on quality and coloration.

Have a Hen who really wants to hatch out your eggs!

Who needs an incubator?
Give your chicks the natural experience of being talked to as the develop in the egg.
love.gif

If you are within driving distance - or want to mail us your eggs - we have a mom for you!

What's the story?

My miniature Cochin hen LOVES to be broody.
She gives herself about a month off before starting to lay eggs - lays like 21 and then sits.

(Watch the video through to the funny surprise ending - like clowns from a toy car!)​

Sometimes she has hatched her own chicks, other times a mixed brood. She once hatched out 3 seramas, 2 silkies, 3 modern games and polish - nine chicks with 4 that became as tall as she is fast!

She is very dedicated to staying until she feels that all the eggs are hatched.

She loves "mothering" her chicks and fusses quiet a bit over them.

This would take place in our house (literally in the house) and we'd prefer to keep the chicks until she is ready-ish to separate from them. Which may be 6 weeks. As one of the photos shows - the chicks also get people exposure - Widget spends much of her day beside her favorite person with or without chicks. (Before you ask - we have tiled floors & there is always newspaper!)

We REALLY want you to take all your chicks back. We don't need any more chickens or chicks.

She is about to start sitting and just want to make her happy.

She can easily cover several large chicken eggs or eggs from other species like ducks - even 2 turkeys or peacocks.

You might recognise her as "Widget the Traveling Hen."

If your interested in hatching your eggs the "natural" way -- Please email me at
MadelineTheWriter @ gmail.com

Last edited:
We aren't expecting the winds and stuff but could get rain from the storm which is not a good thing. My yard and chicken areas are standing water right now so more rain is just going to make things worse. We are going to get a truckload of sand this weekend and get the chicken area built up as much as possible.

Hoping it won't be near any of us. With that said will put away all the loose stuff like extra fencing, shade cloth ect. Water buckets will be latched to the fence not left sitting just on the ground. Catch nets put up, just general clean up of small and loose items. Feed delivery today along with hay and we are set.

All ads must be in Buy Sell Trade forum.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Hugh!
welcome-byc.gif

My BF is moving the fence for the chickens paddock as we speak. Their yard is very low and already pretty soupy so this will give them some fenced in, dry ground for post storm. As for if we get any hurricane or tropical storm winds,
fl.gif
. We'll anchor the coop down so it doesn't go flying through someone's house but i'm reasonably sure that the boards that it's sided with and the roof would be ripped off so no sense locking the chickens in there. I'll be monitoring the situation under the house. I'm pretty sure it doesn't flood in the middle part so that may be an option for the girls. Good thing about hurricanes is with the wind and rain coming in bands you can have little breaks to reassess stuff. I do have a large wooden crate that I use for art shows that I'm considering hauling inside and stuffing the girls into if it becomes necessary. The babies will be inside from the get go. I have eggs in the incubator that I'll be super sad if I lose along with the power.

Back
Top Bottom