FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Stan I am interested in a few of these also. They are the same age as my BR. Any heritage hatching eggs yet?
I have a bunch of these blues from my hertiage pullets and a pretty good splash roo. I am only getting a few of the older BRs eggs, and I wormed the,m so I would not think they woild be your best bet. I will put the BR pullets from the blue pen in with a BR in a week or so, so it should be the end of October?? I have your info and will let you know, but typically, they don't lay real well in the fall. .........stan

OMG that is terrible!! First of all to lose birds like that and second of all to a large predator right in front of you?!?!? So so sorry
sad.png
Do you own a shotgun? Do you have dogs? If not maybe a guardian breed dog might be something to consider. I have two Cane Corso who patrol my property, but I would be totally freaked if a Bobcat were that brazen to be hunting in the middle of the day like that. I wonder if you should report it to fish & wildlife? Sounds like a cat that bold could also be a danger to humans as well, no?
We had a dog, an English Pointer, but recently gave her away. I'm sorry I did that now. I'm going to call Fish and Wildlife about a trap, but for now my birds are staying in the pen! I don't want to kill the cat, (never seen such a huge bobcat before) so maybe there might be some ways we can deal with it.

We have a Dachshund, but even the chickens pick on him. I doubt the jungle cat would see him as anything but a snack. Maybe it's time to think about another yard dog and introduce him to the chickens somehow.

We had a dog, an English Pointer, but recently gave her away. I'm sorry I did that now. I'm going to call Fish and Wildlife about a trap, but for now my birds are staying in the pen! I don't want to kill the cat, (never seen such a huge bobcat before) so maybe there might be some ways we can deal with it.

We have a Dachshund, but even the chickens pick on him. I doubt the jungle cat would see him as anything but a snack. Maybe it's time to think about another yard dog and introduce him to the chickens somehow.

Fish & Wildlife will tell you that they willl not supply you with a trap.They will tell you to call a trapper which they cost unless it's a hog then it's free. But they tell you to do what ever it takes to protect your livestock.Same ting they told me.Now I shoot anything that comes on my property.If a hawk lands on my property I'm allowed to shoot it.I'm protecting my livestock.

I did raise Ringneck Pheasants. One morning I went out and found several dead Pheasants in their covered yard and found where some critter had dug under the fence. I figured the critter would be back so I put a trap out. Nothing the next night but I left the trap out. The following morning when I went out there was this huge cat in the trap. It was a bobcat. I was surprised by it's size. I don't have any more Pheasants as a fox got the rest and I couldn't catch the fox. Now I have young chickens in the pen and have it electrified.

There is a very brave bobcat out here. Has killed all the chickens of a couple of "neighbors" (within a mile away) I have seen it 3 feet outside of our fence in the daytime. However the Great Pyrenees allows nothing past it, so no birds lost here to it. A goat herd a few miles off suffered big losses as well. Either coyote or bobcat shortly after our dogs became old enough to be out 24/7 patrolling. if you dont want to shoot it (an if you live in city limits you cant fire off a gun legally anyways, get motion activated sprinklers. They shoot a good distance, and startle enough to run off most. Predator eyes have good reports, and human voices are always handy (clock radio on a timer to cycle on and off set to a talk radio channel). We have some timers i picked up at Ace that have multiple settings for on/off cycles in one 24 hour time frame, as well as for different days.

Back
Top Bottom