Florida Sunshine Classic Poultry Show, Sat. Jan. 7th, Lake City, FL

Really looking forward to this show, first one I've attended, hope to learn alot. I assume the governing organizations will have set ups there where you can join. What organization would you say is important to join for somebody like myself who wants to eventually show chickens? ABA, APA, others?
Thanks,
Bobby

I'll be there Saturday to pick up some favs for my son but we are also looking for sumatra's and game birds (not the old english although my daughter would like another self blue hen for her pair) if anyone is bringing some please let me know:)!

Quote:
The show birds are PACKED.... DOUBLE and triple stack high ... into a large building.
They will block the birds off one section at a time as they are judging. . . .

The sale area is a big open area... sort of like an outdoor flea market type set up.
Since the weather is suppose to be nice this weekend, I would expect to see a lot of folks trying to sell their wares.
Usually, pampered pullets has a spot for chicken supplies. The BYC folks have a table set up. Plus, there will be the folks selling birds.

There is an adjacent flea market that has food ( hot dogs, chips, sodas) available.

Last edited:
Quote:
ABA is for Bantams...

I believe this is an APA sanctioned show, so you may not see any ABA set-ups there...

American Bantam Association

District Meet
Only ABA members are eligible to compete for the awards. Membership dues are the same for individuals, partners, couples, and families (with no limit on number of children but only one household). New members receive free copy of latest available yearbook and quarterly. Membership Dues: $20 per year, $50 for 3 years, $400 for Life Membership. To join or renew, send your name, address, and payment to: American Bantam Association, PO Box 127, Augusta, NJ 07822. We accept Visa/MC/AMEX, check, or money order. You may also buy a membership using the Online Store.
http://gator541.hostgator.com/~bant...se&category_id=1&Itemid=18&vmcchk=1&Itemid=18

American Poultry Association, Inc.

State Meet
Junior Membership (18 and under) - 1 year $15.00, 3 year $40.00
*Individual Annual Membership - 1 year $20.00, 3 years $50.00
*Annual Membership (outside US and Canada) - 1 year $25.00
*Endowment Trust Life Membership* (for individuals only) - $365.00
(US and Canada) $730.00 for other international members
Associate Membership - $25.00 annual dues
(for organizations wishing to hold a sanctioned show)
In addition to the quarterly newsletter, these* memberships earn points in the Master Exhibitor's program and receive the annual yearbook. Remittance in full MUST accompany an application and sent to The American Poultry Association Membership Form, PO Box 306 Burgettstown PA 15021. Phone: (724) 729-3459.
http://www.amerpoultryassn.com/membership.htm

I will be at the Sunshine Classic tomorrow and Sat. I will be bringing a few black cockerels and two blue cockerels to sell. They are all just turning 9 months old and beautiful. Stop by and see if you want to buy them. Also will have some Laced cornish bantams

Have 4 Emu eggs
She laid another one tonight
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom