Florida Sunshine Classic Poultry Show, Sat. Jan. 7th, Lake City, FL

Went by the show area about 30 minutes it looks like its going to be a big show and sale. Hope everyone has a safe trip.

Quote:
That little black silkie I got from you got nabbed by a hawk or owl this afternoon. I heard her and the two roosters near her screaming. Thankfully he only got her by the feathers and they broke off so she fell. Not sure from how far but I think she is okay. Scared to death though. That was a first for us. Gonna keep her in the pen tomorrow while I am gone. Hope to see you guys tomorrow!

Went to the show this morning. It was the first such event I've attended. To my novice eyes it was fantastic. I saw breeds that had been only names - or maybe photos - before. It was interesting to me the number of bantam breeds, and how beautiful so many of them are.

And above all, I met a number of BYCers! My thanks to each for making me feel welcome and comfortable. My silly questions were met with patience and sound advice. I liked byc already. Now I'm committed (some would say I should be...)

Oh yeah, I also expanded our little flock by adopting two Wheaten French Marans chicks (both pullets). They are happily adjusting to the brooder; I've seen them eat and drink so I'm comfortable they'll settle in just fine.

If you've never been, plan on going next year. I know I'll be there!

Just got in from the show. Had a great time, and took a friend along. Now she is hooked on chickens, she got 3 Delaware pullets. Now she has to tell hubby, get a coop and run. Start a 4-H group for her kids so she can keep them at home. Right now they are on sleep-over @ Auntie Maye's in isolation.

Darn chicken math, just ordered 6 NN pullets and 6 Wyandotte pullets. Thank you both Mr.&Mrs. NAVA..
Thank-you Le & Eric @ Pampered Pullets for ALL your help today and always.

Maye

P.S. Well worth the drive, great to meet all the other BYCers....

Last edited:
Had a great day at the Show. Thanks for your help Vickie and Aimee!
30820_img_0388.jpg
[/img]
30820_img_0367.jpg
[/img]
30820_img_0376.jpg
[/img]

It was great! Weather was perfect. I saw some white face black spanish...even though they were bantams. Met Ronnie Profitt...too cool! The modern games were really neat. Wish I had gotten some. Huge buff orpingtons! Can't wait for next year! LOL

Back
Top Bottom