FLORIDA Swap/Sales & Events Chat thread ***UPDATES***...

cmom

Hilltop Farm
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Nov 18, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
We thought we'd start this thread to reflect on future and past years Swaps/Sales and Events. I have been to many Swaps the past several months and have enjoyed them immensely. I do not swap birds as I have a closed flock but do build cages and chicken tractors that I take to the different swaps. I have met so many wonderful BYC members and other people at the different swaps. This is indeed a unique community. One of my favorite swaps has been the Bent Creek Feed Swap in Jacksonville, Fl., which is held the last Sunday of every month. At KellyHM's swap we learned how to process meat birds. I am really looking forward to this next years swaps. If anyone knows of a Swap Meet or is interested in hosting any in the future, please post it on the UPCOMING FLORIDA Swaps/Sales/Shows/Events thread.

Last edited:
I love the BYC Swaps! I received Welsummer hatching eggs from LilEmilysChknPen at the April swap at ladybug4ut1's house in Bushnell, rehomed a RIR cockerel to Knight Hawk Ranch at the October Swap at TSC in Arcadia, sold some chicks at another October swap at Sillystunt's in Winter Haven, and went to the Gainesville show & swap, coming home with RIR hatching eggs from sunshinesilkies and also realizing I couldn't live without OEGBs!
lol.png
I've also gone to cmom's and picked up some of her cool cages and purchased supplies at great prices from ThePamperedPullet. My DH has heard so much about all my new BYC friends that he's decided to go to the Lake City show to meet some of them! Did I say how much I love the Swaps?
tongue.png

Oh my...where do I begin....I have met some of the most wonderful chicken people since I joined BYC. I love the swaps and shows and have enjoyed the fellowship with others who share my passion for chickens. We are a funny bunch aren't we?? My DH tolerates me at show time when our utility room looks like a beauty parlor!! He too deserves some credit for me be being able to persue my hobby!!

I love talking to all of you at the shows and swaps and receiving pictures of people with their birds that I have sold them! I love putting them on my website. I hope to get alot more this coming year. If you haven't emailed me a picture of you and your birds, please do so at: [email protected] so I can add you to my site!!!

I love being chick-in-laws with all of you have purchased from me and I thank all of you who have done so. You received some lovely birds that will be great friends to you...As for all of the lovely people I have met..thanks... I don't even have to order my supplies online, all I have to do is show up at a swap or show and get what I need and keep right on talking chickens!!!! We have it all don't we!!!! LOL

I look forward to meeting new BYC memebers at the Lake City show here next week and can't wait to see all of you that I already know. Be sure to look for the BYC table..thanks for a great year in BYC and I look forward to next year with fond memories of 2009.

WE ARE THE BYC NATION!!!!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

May God Bless Each and Everyone of you!!!

Vickie

Last edited:
2009 has been a great year for meeting new people. We have been blessed with the meeting of new friends and fellow BYCer's that we have come in contact with through the swaps, shows and sales. We thank each and everyone of you for your patronage when we have been at locations where we were able to sell product. We look forward to meeting even more people this next year and we are even looking forward to holding swap & sales here at our place in Ocala. It seems that we can not go to a swap or show that we do not come home with at least one more bird. We have all had our ups and downs this past year but it is comforting to know that we are all in the same boat and can turn to each other for help and encouragement when we need it most. If at any time, we can be of assistance to any one of you please feel free to contact us. We look forward to 2010 and we have lots of great things in store so keep watch on our web site for updates and added information. We are continuing to expand our product lines to serve you even better and will do our best to bring you top quality products at great prices. We are hoping to have our new show trailer ready for cmom's swap in January but if not we are still looking forward to seeing you all there. Thank you Vickie at Sunshine Silkies for the Mille's. They are doing great. And thank you Silly Stunt for the little Buff Brahma. She is very spoiled. We hope to see a lot of you at Lake City. BYC has been great and a wonderful way to meet other crazy chicken people.
Thank You All
Eric and Le
The Pampered Pullets Farm

I enjoy going to the swaps and sales as it gives me a chance to talk chicken. My husband still cant believe how close a group of strangers can be. I kept telling him about the close ties you have with the people on the forum but until he started coming to the swaps he didnt understand Now he enjoys it as much as I do. I have met some great folks here in BYC and hope to meet many more in the coming year.

I have never been to a swap and really would like to go....
I found a host today so we can start one down this way.(southwest Florida)
North Port Feed Supply
I'm thinking about Feb13th or 20th
She has a perfect country setting .
Can't wait:weee

We have a closed flock as well, so I figured that there would be no reason in going...like going to a chocolate convention and being on a diet.
I see now that there is a lot more to it.

I will keep an eye out if there is an Ocala swap.
Would they let you hold it at the livestock arena?
Please keep us all posted! I will subscribe to this thread, so it won't pass me by.
wink.png

I feel really lucky i am in central FL. I have been able to meet peeps up North, south and locally @ BYC swaps!! My first intake,LOL was from sunnychic. I got some beautiful birds and feel blessed to have them! I have gotten stuff from fluffybuttfarms, Annika,eggs & chicks from poultryhaven, and more.

I had a swap an listed it on CL and met some breeders who wern't BYC members, They are an extention of our chicken family and found a GREAT feed store because of them!!!
We will be representing BYC at their swap this sat in Lakeland, FL.

I am very excited to go to Aledia's swap on the 16th! LOVE the cages and can't wait to see all my BYC friends.

3goodeggs it's about the people you meet and friends you make......chickens are just a plus!!

Back
Top Bottom