Flowers in the Front Garden

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by rebbetzin, Mar 16, 2012.

1. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    The Nastutiums are looking so pretty, especially with the purple verbena.
    [​IMG]

I am thinking of putting in more native plants in the garden to help with my high water bills.

Here are Desert Honeysuckle and Scarlet Penstemon.

[​IMG]

2. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Beautiful!

There's so many beautiful native flowering plants (and "weeds") here in AZ that it makes it hard to choose, lol.

3. urban escapee

urban escapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Alvin, TX
    Simply beautiful. We moved last year, had to clear the land for our mobile home so we are in the "fresh start" stage of things. Here are my first 2 tulips of the season. I have always wanted a bulb garden and now I have one. I am soon to have some Lilies around the front...cant wait to see them all in bloom.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Thpse Tulips are beautiful!! There was a fellow many years ago here in Tucson that every year had a "Tulip Party". He planted 100s of bulbs in pots every fall, Then when they were at their most beautiful stage he would invite all his friends over to enjoy the flowers in bloom! I have tried many bulbs here, and they may last about 2 seasons, then they seem to die off. Could be I should take them out of the ground after they die back and put them in a cooler location. That might work. We can grow Iris here. My neighbor has some really pretty ones!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by