Flu question...help! please?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Camelot Farms, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

All three kids had what I thought was Swine flu

DD- 5 weeks ago
    DS #1- 4 weeks ago
    DS #2- 3 weeks ago

Aches, fever, nausea, respiratory issues for days and then that horrible cough that lasted another week to 10 days.

Then last week DS #1 started in with the fever, aches, etc all over again. Lasted 3 or 4 days. Two nights ago DS#2 calls me from work and says he needs a ride home. Too sick to work...same symptoms. Still running fever even alternating Tylenol and Motrin every 2 hours. Cant break it. Now DD is up and has fever, sore throat, headache.... Help!

Whats up with this? The nurses at ER say that the 'regular' flu isnt here in our area yet. So do my kids have Swine Flu again?

Anyone with any flu experience?

2. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Sorry your kids are feeling awful again. Hope they feel better soon and that you don't end up getting it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    The flu has definately hit Mich. I think this is a pretty active flu season so far. The swine flu won't stop you from getting the regular flu. I don't pay much attention to seasonal cycles though since I've gotten the flu off and on any season of the year.

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    yes, i agree with Boyd. here in MI we are seeing the rounds. and it is cycling. one does not negate the other. both can recycle i think.

be well. love to your family and prayers for quick restoration. [​IMG]

5. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    It may be a relapse. The flu is all over the place right now...could be that also. Hope they get well, and for that matter , stay well soon!

6. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

There are so many strains of the flu...getting one strain doesn't prevent getting any of the others. Also, if they just got over it, their immune systems are probably still weak, making them more susceptible to any virus. My son tested positive for the flu in the doctor's office last week, but I don't know if it was the seasonal or the swine flu... Whatever it was, it wasn't as bad as I expected and he's fine now...

7. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    My sis works at Mayo and I think she told me the virus can live on...toothbrush or whatever it lands on for 48 hours without a living host?

So make sure to change your toothbrushes out and keep hands away from the mouth when you touch objects...wash wash wash.

8. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    Quote:OR dunk them suckers in Listerene for a few.

Hope you all feel well soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by