Flu season 2010-11

Quote:
lol I am also immune compromised and after I had the swine flu, I had to have steroids and a Z pack to get rid of the accompanying pneumonia.

Boyd, Do you eat a heathly diet? Eliminated toxins from your lifestyle? Eat foods or take supplements that boost your immune system? Have you done anything to rebuild your immnune system after the steriods and Zpack? I remember your post from last year on how bad it hit you. I hope your doing better this year.

I'm all for the basic childhood vaccines.. I believe they do more good than harm..
And the flu vaccine only for the elderly and pregnant mothers and young kids and folks with respitory/cardiac health problems....and i think that health care workers should HAVE to have it too... i dont want nancy nurse to infect my elderly grandmother who has CHF...

I dont think that the average healthy joe needs a flu shot though... no need for it... IMO

Quote:
lol I am also immune compromised and after I had the swine flu, I had to have steroids and a Z pack to get rid of the accompanying pneumonia.

Boyd, Do you eat a heathly diet? Eliminated toxins from your lifestyle? Eat foods or take supplements that boost your immune system? Have you done anything to rebuild your immnune system after the steriods and Zpack? I remember your post from last year on how bad it hit you. I hope your doing better this year.

For the most part I do, but not as healthy as I would like. I have pretty much replaced my red meat with home grown rabbit meat which is supposed to be more heart healthy, take multi-vitamins, quick to take echenasia (sp?) when I feel something on. As far as eliminating toxins, other than fasting, flushing and high fiber intake not sure what else to do. I have been quite a bit better this year without any sickness so crossing my fingers
fl.gif

No flu shot for me. Like drugs; I just say no. Boyd, you might look into an herb called Andrographis. It might be something that will help you.

I stopped getting a flu shot for myself or my children when I found out that the makers of the vaccine got it wrong for about the last five years. Every year the manufacturer makes a guess as to which of the flu strands or varieties is going to hit it big and then makes the vaccine for that type. They haven't got it right in years. And I only kind of found that in passing. I was searching the CDC site for something else.

Quote:
Nooooooo!!!!! We produce them because they are extremely profitable for the RX companies. If this was Polio the 2% of people who had horrible side effects may be worth it. In the case of the flu it's not.

PLEASE PEOPLE, DO THE RESEARCH. Look at all the lives that have been ruined by a vaccination they didn't need. Our bodies don't know what these vaccines are.

DON'T DO IT.

Edited to add: Boyd and I are almost always in agreement on things but this is an exception. Why put something into your body your immune system doesn't respond properly to? Why risk it? Please, research it on your own. PLEASE

All I can say is the one and only time I had the shot, I was sicker than a dog that day old beef sitting in a poop covered pasture. I will NEVER do it again.

Quote:
Nooooooo!!!!! We produce them because they are extremely profitable for the RX companies. If this was Polio the 2% of people who had horrible side effects may be worth it. In the case of the flu it's not.

PLEASE PEOPLE, DO THE RESEARCH. Look at all the lives that have been ruined by a vaccination they didn't need. Our bodies don't know what these vaccines are.

DON'T DO IT.

Edited to add: Boyd and I are almost always in agreement on things but this is an exception. Why put something into your body your immune system doesn't respond properly to? Why risk it? Please, research it on your own. PLEASE

All I can say is the one and only time I had the shot, I was sicker than a dog that day old beef sitting in a poop covered pasture. I will NEVER do it again.

I had that happen last year Debi. Got the vaccination for seasonal flu and 2 hours later I was shivering, aching and quivering. It only lasted about 3 hours but it was miserable.
sad.png

I've had the flu shot 3 other years prior and no reaction. Weird....

Quote:

DON'T DO IT.

I agree ........ i am 42 and the only 2 times i have gotten the flu, was following the flu shot. I have NOT had the shot in 16 yrs and not gotten the flu in the same. I work direct with people, and been very exposed.
People come to my work during the day, i will ask why no school or work..... they stay home sick and decide its a great time to get a haircut......the barbershop is not so busy then
roll.png

Still have not gotten the flu anyway. As long as i dont get it.....the flu is good for the economy
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom